Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Striker

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Do we need one? Everywhere I look on NSC people are insistent we need either one or even two more forwards in order to avoid finishing bottom with a minus 20 goal difference. Hemed looks to be pretty decent, and him and Baldock could well strike up a potentially dangerous partnership. Then we have 2 back up strikers,O'Grady as the Target man replacement for Hemed and Colunga the nippy smaller Baldock back up. If O'Grady or Colunga leave, then they will need to be replaced-but isn't 4 strikers enough? People may say its the quality that needs upgrading-but O'Grady despite not having the best season in terms of goals but looked more than adequate in terms of his general play, enough for a place on the bench. As for Colunga, even after leaving for spain on loan he still had the most assists from last season (I think) and looked like he could be useful.

A winger (preferably two) and a centre back are much more vital imo. Thoughts?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Do we need one? Everywhere I look on NSC people are insistent we need either one or even two more forwards in order to avoid finishing bottom with a minus 20 goal difference. Hemed looks to be pretty decent, and him and Baldock could well strike up a potentially dangerous partnership. Then we have 2 back up strikers,O'Grady as the Target man replacement for Hemed and Colunga the nippy smaller Baldock back up. If O'Grady or Colunga leave, then they will need to be replaced-but isn't 4 strikers enough? People may say its the quality that needs upgrading-but O'Grady despite not having the best season in terms of goals but looked more than adequate in terms of his general play, enough for a place on the bench. As for Colunga, even after leaving for spain on loan he still had the most assists from last season (I think) and looked like he could be useful.

If hemed were unfortunate enough to get injured then what?

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Immediately another striker is not urgent but should either Hemed or Baldock get injured we may have to use the loan wondow if transfer window is closed.

Agree, I was hesitant to suggest a loan as I am aware of how this board seems to fear the idea of loanees, despite their obvious importance.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hemed is not without a record of injuries, and only found the net 8 times last season. Baldock has a poor record of injury for us and there's no guarantee he's recovered from his last injury, and there didn't seem much to shout about before he got injured. Colunga doesn't like it here, and from what we saw of him he is inconsistent, and seems lightweight. COG may stay fit, and he tries a lot, but he seems out of his depth.

I think we need at least one more striker.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Sometimes it amazes me how quickly people forget how SHIT we were last year, up front especially. We NEED new forwards and a new supply line. Anyone suggesting otherwise is either on crack or being bribed by the club to plant some PR out there

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
Provide the ammunition and the strikers we have would have more chance of hitting the back of the net! We all talk about a 20+ striker but even a class act will struggle without a supply!

Baldock should be good enough in this league and Colunga looked very good at times. Hemed, the juries out and COG can do a job!

Personally, sort out the back 4, more pace and delivery out wide and we will be ok!

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I think Colonga is going to be sold and i think is more of a attacking midfielder than a forward, O Grady failed awfully last season and i think is more of a 4th or 5th striker at our club, he would be okay at a rotherham as number 1 but not us, we do need another forward who is a known goalscorer and then maybe a young fast forward so have some variety.
But what people say on here as well is true with regard to we need creative players or wingers to give the forwards chances and this didnt happen last year.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I think Colonga is going to be sold and i think is more of a attacking midfielder than a forward, O Grady failed awfully last season and i think is more of a 4th or 5th striker at our club, he would be okay at a rotherham as number 1 but not us, we do need another forward who is a known goalscorer and then maybe a young fast forward so have some variety.
But what people say on here as well is true with regard to we need creative players or wingers to give the forwards chances and this didnt happen last year.

Aside from their unfortunate points deduction, better than us last season?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Sometimes it amazes me how quickly people forget how SHIT we were last year, up front especially. We NEED new forwards and a new supply line. Anyone suggesting otherwise is either on crack or being bribed by the club to plant some PR out there

Hang on whilst I put my spliff down - nope don't think we need anymore players!!!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Good post/thread start. Everyone keeps talking about numbers, but I still think that it's quality we need above all else. We need a centre back, and then we need two or three attacking players. What positions those attacking players play in, take your pick from an out-and-out striker, a support striker, a (or perhaps two) winger(s), and an attacking/creative midfielder. I'd be happy to get just one more attacking player signed up, and then go for one perhaps two loan signings. Provided, that is, it's quality (which will probably entail pace as a key factor) that we get.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Whilst I don't disagree, I think the problem was as much with supply as with shooting.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We need to put our money towards two creative and fast midfielders, but I recognise it will be difficult to find two available within our budget that are of a suitable quality.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Totally agree - we will only ever start with 1 striker anyhow despite what Hughton says so in that case 4 is ample - i would look to unload COG and Colunga because neither are good enough and im afraid im not covinced by Baldock based on his efforts last season and am still wondering why we ever signed him in the first place! so would rather have 3 decent strikers than 4 and as others have said go into the Loan market if we need to get a 4th striker

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here