Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Confident or not

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
With the new season round the corner..How confident are you that we will be up amongst the top six come May 2016......I have my doubts about even a top half finish unless we sign at least one, preferably two, 20 plus a season goalscorers.. CH needs to understand that to win we need to score more goals than the opposition ??

Daryl Murphy Ipswich Town 27
Troy Deeney Watford 21
Jordan Rhodes Blackburn Rovers 21

There were only 3 players who got over 20 goals last season, so I agree if we get two 20+ strikers, on top of the players already signed, there is a CHANCE we could make top half :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Should be easy enough to sign 'em

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Based on last season I'm not confident at all. Mid table for me and lots of low crowds (well lower than what we came to expect after the first 3 seasons) at the Amex

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Daryl Murphy Ipswich Town 27
Troy Deeney Watford 21
Jordan Rhodes Blackburn Rovers 21

There were only 3 players who got over 20 goals last season, so I agree if we get two 20+ strikers, on top of the players already signed, there is a CHANCE we could make top half :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Should be easy enough to sign 'em

OK being a bit hopefull but Bournemouth scored 98 league Goals to our 44 with Jones on 12,Pitman 13,Kermorgant 15, Ritcie 15,and Wilson on 20.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Anywhere above midway and I'll be happy - especially if we are there from start to finish with no relegation scares on the way.
Based on the business other clubs are doing and the momentum of those coming up however I will be (pleasantly) surprised if we achieve that tbh.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Very little pace up front or on the wings and my opinion States this was priority and now we will get overpaid scraps.
Crofts is past it and we have to many average joes with no pace at all...Greer is passed it although dunk will probo save him.

I see another season of negative football and low entertainment yet again....How many times do the club or managers need to be told that we need to move faster when attacking and to have more than one player in the box?

I predict 19th with hooton in charge...to negative and way to cautious.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Expecting a long season of tough games with very few goals involved in them at the moment, so currently expecting a position of 14-18 at the moment. Midfield still needs a bit of creativity added to it and another striker wouldn't go a miss either to push up to nearer halfway mark. Really think the season after (16-17) is when we will really go for it, this one being another year of foundation building.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Expecting a long season of tough games with very few goals involved in them at the moment, so currently expecting a position of 14-18 at the moment. Midfield still needs a bit of creativity added to it and another striker wouldn't go a miss either to push up to nearer halfway mark. Really think the season after (16-17) is when we will really go for it, this one being another year of foundation building.
I agree although all this foundation building is tosh as we have a very old squad to be fair and if we have another shite season then any quality younger ones will be off.I bet our average age will be 30 ish next season.
You don't get time to build foundations unless you can somehow keep your better players.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hughton is a pragmatist, why would he try and set up an attacking team if his target last season was survival (which it must have been)? He has stated that this season's target is a top 6 finish. We should give him a chance to sign some more players and set up an attacking team. I'm confident now but won't be so happy if we are as goal shy and negative as last season. He set up two great attacking teams for Birmingham & Newcastle in the Championship in the past but tends to play safe (as he did with Norwich) when survival is his target.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Curlybhafc - do come back, so that I can give you a minor infraction for personal abuse.

Mind you, the quality of the flounce might warrant a downgrade to a warning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here