Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adrian Colunga... Is the Albion`s most technically gifted player at present!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
I do hope Hughton keeps him.With a pre season under his belt and further squad strengthening, i believe this guy could be a real gem for us. Also a sign of intent that we will still play the quality football that has become expected at The Amex. Only the football purists can understand!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Worryingly Hughton doesn't seem to rate him. I don't believe the "homesick" line we were fed.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I do hope Hughton keeps him.With a pre season under his belt and further squad strengthening, i believe this guy could be a real gem for us. Also a sign of intent that we will still play the quality football that has become expected at The Amex. Only the football purists can understand!!

What is a football purist?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

What is a football purist?

Somebody with a high opinion of themself... in danger of disappearing up their own arse?

Yeah along with....a patronising prat?

Not to mention someone who is wrong.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Colunga showed in brief flashes that he has something to offer, but was crushingly inconsistent and absolutely BANG average for the most part. I remain to be convinced that he is a player who a top 6 Championship club would be remotely interested in.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Colunga showed in brief flashes that he has something to offer, but was crushingly inconsistent and absolutely BANG average for the most part. I remain to be convinced that he is a player who a top 6 Championship club would be remotely interested in.

You are quite clearly NOT a football purist

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Stephen Hawking is technically gifted..... getmecoat.gif

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

You should post more :moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You are quite clearly NOT a football purist

If a purist is someone who over-romanticises and embellishes a players contributions, focussing solely on a handful of decent moments whilst completely ignoring the swathes of total anonymity then no...I am not a purist.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Worryingly Hughton doesn't seem to rate him. I don't believe the "homesick" line we were fed.

Wasn't it established that he wasn't homesick and that, when he was going out on loan, he was quoted as saying he wanted to stay here because his family was settled in Brighton?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who do you believe has been feeding you a "homesick" line?

I thought it came out of the club or from the Argus, but having done a quick search it appears I was mistaken and must have picked it up from suggestions made on here.

Makes Colunga's chances of being kept on even less if Hughton saw fit to get shot of him last season when we lacked any quality up front.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Who do you believe has been feeding you a "homesick" line?

I thought it came out of the club or from the Argus, but having done a quick search it appears I was mistaken and must have picked it up from suggestions made on here.

Makes Colunga's chances of being kept on even less if Hughton saw fit to get shot of him last season when we lacked any quality up front.

I thought Paul Barber said it when he was a guest on the Albion Roar?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Technically gifted yes, does that mean he will be useful in the Championship....on what i have seen so far probably not.
If we can ship him out recover some of the fee, then bring in another proven striker I would be pleased.

And back to the original statement, Kayal is technically better IMO

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
IF, and it's a big if, we play 2 up top this season, then yes Colunga could be a real asset to us.
With Baldock and Colunga feeding off a big CF, then we could do some real damage.
However, if we stick to 1 up front then Colunga may as well go, as he has already stated that he wasn't used correctly last season, as did Baldock.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Technically gifted yes, does that mean he will be useful in the Championship....on what i have seen so far probably not.
If we can ship him out recover some of the fee, then bring in another proven striker I would be pleased.

And back to the original statement, Kayal is technically better IMO
I would only replace him with another striker if we are going to play 2 strikers, if we play just 1, then we will have the same old problems.
The ones Poyet started, and all subsequent managers have failed to change.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here