Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabio Capello

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
No idea, looked good in last year's away kit though. Will no doubt get a job somewhere.

Fabio_Capello_Milan_1976.jpg

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Eh?! He was one of the most successful managers in the World at that point!

Only because of his over defensive style. Real Madrid's fans hated him. Capello responded to Real's critics by saying that the beauty of attacking plays was old. He said that results were much more important than playing beautifully. He also added that "those days are over."

Was that the direction we were looking to?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Only because of his over defensive style. Real Madrid's fans hated him. Capello responded to Real's critics by saying that the beauty of attacking plays was old. He said that results were much more important than playing beautifully. He also added that "those days are over."

Was that the direction we were looking to?

Regardless, no one was exactly shocked when he got the England job, in terms of him being "underqualified". My point stands.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why would any self respecting manager take the England job? By the time they're done, invariably their stock in the footballing world has halved. It's like printing off your CV and depositing a giant stool on it. Or the sports journalist equivalent of writing a critique of modern football and then asking Tim Lovejoy to endorse it.

Not advisable.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why would any self respecting manager take the England job? By the time they're done, invariably their stock in the footballing world has halved. It's like printing off your CV and depositing a giant stool on it. Or the sports journalist equivalent of writing a critique of modern football and then asking Tim Lovejoy to endorse it.

Not advisable.

Cracking analogy there, any disparagement of Tim Lovejoy should be applauded. Well done sir, well done.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Regardless, no one was exactly shocked when he got the England job, in terms of him being "underqualified". My point stands.

Yes ok your point still stands, but that defensive style was the dullest England footballing era in my living memory, and it was pretty dull under Sven, unless you were Ulrika or Nancy of course.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Not advisable.

Yeah but you do get a SHITLOAD of cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here