Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teddy Maybank rumoured to be returning - good move?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
According to a Twtter account I just made up by stealing a random photograph off the internet and attaching it to a name and some football clubs we are about to re sign Albion LEG END Teddy Maybank. Last seen gracing Corals FC and on a host of game shows our Ted may be getting on a bit but he fulfills the key requirements still outstanding. He's big, knows how to finish (his ale) and, more importantly, played for us in a period we all remember fondly which we seem to be attempting to receate in rumour form..

*impeccable sources face*

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
According to a Twtter account I just made up by stealing a random photograph off the internet and attaching it to a name and some football clubs we are about to re sign Albion LEG END Teddy Maybank. Last seen gracing Corals FC and on a host of game shows our Ted may be getting on a bit but he fulfills the key requirements still outstanding. He's big, knows how to finish (his ale) and, more importantly, played for us in a period we all remember fondly which we seem to be attempting to receate in rumour form..

*impeccable sources face*
I once had a couple of kids who kept ringing my doorbell as they thought I was the great man back in the day. Sadly the VERY slight resemblance was the only thing we had in common as my greatest footballing achievement was captaining Hove boys schools 11 and scoring our first goal that season

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great move. More mobile than Best, more effort than Gardner - and good for team spirit ;-)

In other news, wing problems are likely to be solved with the resigning of Neil Smillie, whilst Steve Foster has agreed to return on a pay as you play basis, providing he can find his head band. Apparently the delay in his signing is the commercial rights relating to the head band, with the club keen to brand it.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
omg yes...made me smile...entertaining posts......maybe he and Mullers could do a double act.... did they get on though ?......not the best pound of flesh we ever bought. Cilla and Blind Date perhaps brought him back to earth.....

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Can someone tell him to sign his autograph where his image is on photos? All this 'signing in the opposite corner' etc. is very annoying.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Who could forget his bicycle kick against Sunderland. Would have been goal of the decade (had it gone in and not hit the bar!).

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I really do get fed up with people starting these rumours and getting our hopes up.

A friend of mine told me Malcolm Poskett had been dropped off by a taxi at Lancing, and there was a small ginger haired fella with him, which we assumed to be Eric Potts. Now that ladies and gentlemen is fact, so let's talk about the real stuff, and not this Twitter crap.

Thank you.
Wedgee

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
It might be easier to have a thread on here of past Albion players who 'couldn't do a job' if they came back. With that in mind, I hear that old Arthur Mulkins-Threadneedle, who sat on the subs bench during our 1912 Charity Shield victory, is currently 'brown bread' and therefore couldn't 'do a job.' Beyond him I'm struggling, so maybe we should just bring them all back. Most of the real oldies would only want 16 or so shillings a week, which Tony could well afford.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I am afraid i need to dampen this enthusiasm with some realism

Teddy Maybank was a poor striker IMHO

Kevin Bremner, Kurt Nogan, Mark Gall, Micky Small, Jonny Bryrne, Sergei Gostmanov or the legendary Brian Wade would be very different

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
It might be easier to have a thread on here of past Albion players who 'couldn't do a job' if they came back. With that in mind, I hear that old Arthur Mulkins-Threadneedle, who sat on the subs bench during our 1912 Charity Shield victory, is currently 'brown bread' and therefore couldn't 'do a job.' Beyond him I'm struggling, so maybe we should just bring them all back. Most of the real oldies would only want 16 or so shillings a week, which Tony could well afford.

Great post. But Peregrine Chalmondleigh-Warner who crossed for Charlie Webb to score in the (1910) Charity Shield IS still available though he is 123 on Sunday. Speaking from his Hove nursing home he longs for the days when he would pay his own expenses AND pay the Club for the privilege of being selected each week. He willingly played on pitches where boots could be lost in the mud and still bears scars on his forehead from heading a REAL football with laces on it. Raheem Sterling doesn't know he's born........

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Maybank means Blackpool to me. Back in 197? we went to Blackpool who were, at the time, amongst the front runners. My first pint of Tetleys (horrible) and Teddy scored, we won and Blackpool faded from the top.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I am afraid i need to dampen this enthusiasm with some realism

Teddy Maybank was a poor striker IMHO

Kevin Bremner, Kurt Nogan, Mark Gall, Micky Small, Jonny Bryrne, Sergei Gostmanov or the legendary Brian Wade would be very different

Think you're trying to rewrite history a bit [emoji34], [emoji4].

Key goals in our promotion run in and early on in Div 1.

He was never going to be a Ward and suffered because of the size of fee we paid.

Of those you mentioned comfortably better than Bremner, Gall and................. Sorry but Wade [emoji4]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here