Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is it possible to defeat Isis ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
They are growing at a rate of knots throughout the world and it seems are basically unchallenged bar a few places.Just don't see what anyone can do to stop them....Has there ever been a LOSE LOSE scenario like this?

In time you'll see recruitment shops on the high streets:lol:

On a more serious note what can possibly be done to stop them?
Can see this going on for decades :nono:

Personally I think all countries need to focus on the brainwashing within their own countries instead of turning a blind eye as it seems....All hate preachers are a start and this should be the main focus along with these internet recruiting sites and mosque inspections of some sorts.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Had there been the Internet in the 1930's then you might have seen the same concerns re: Fascism

And the answer to them was a World War terminated by the use of Nuclear Weapons, which is perhaps not too encouraging.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
It will go on for decades. The only way now to stop it is that cliché. Boots on the ground.

All them years and all those lives lost in Iraq, and now this bunch practically run the country .Awful

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Easy

1 - Hire a minibus.
B- Fill it with Bobby, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Elliot B, Tiny, Muzza, Barnes, Moseley, Rougvie & Buckley.
3 - Sit back and watch the certain victory.

#knobends. .

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It will go on for decades. The only way now to stop it is that cliché. Boots on the ground.

All them years and all those lives lost in Iraq, and now this bunch practically run the country .Awful
Thing is most people knew it was pointless going there to start with and now it's triggered worldwide problems and like you say will go on for decades.Thats why it's time countries grew a backbone and focused solely within as thousands are joining up from all corners of the globe on a daily basis.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
They are growing at a rate of knots throughout the world and it seems are basically unchallenged bar a few places.Just don't see what anyone can do to stop them....Has there ever been a LOSE LOSE scenario like this?

Personally I think all countries need to focus on the brainwashing within their own countries instead of turning a blind eye as it seems....All hate preachers are a start and this should be the main focus along with these internet recruiting sites and mosque inspections of some sorts.

We need to assemble a multinational force including Russia, China and Arab states and destroy ISIS using an overpowering combination of boots on the ground and air power. Nothing less will do. And we should use whatever resources are necessary including cluster bombs.The scum should be wiped out as soon as possible.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
A massive change in mentality is needed from the powers of the world from thinking we are the victims in all of this. The way ISIS recruit isn't stupid and in my opinion that is the way they are going to be beaten, stopping the 'conveyor belt' (for lack of a better term) of impressionable youngsters from being radicalised. Hate creates hate and groups like Britain First (for example) are all part of a cycle whereby each group validates and legitimises the others fears.

Before I'm called a 'sympathiser' or something else stupid I'd like to make it perfectly clear I see ISIS as the scum of the earth and want to see them gone as much as the next person i just don't think spreading hate towards Islam helps anyone other than them, nor would bombing them out of their bases (in what other situation would you suggest using the same technique that in part helped create the situation to solve it?).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

It's a problem but not as much as media and government would have you believe. I have other things I'm more concerned about such as Theresa May's proposals for the snooper's charter and Cameron's utterings of forcing all of us to pay into a saving scheme to pay for our own medical treatment and unemployment benefit. That's on top of National Insurance. We've all lived through decades of terrorism with the IRA, we'll get through this.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
The Middle East will sort itself out quite naturally once all the oil dries up or we shift sufficient energy production onto renewables meaning that the Wahabist gulf states lose their free-reign to spread their words of hate around the globe.

ISIS is just another (probably short) chapter in the tome of attrocities that can be linked back directly or indirectly to the doctrine of Saudi Arabia and the all-commanding power of oil.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
A bloody nightmare caused solely by removing despot Dictators. When Sadaam and Gadaffi were in charge ISIS would never have got off the ground, they'd have been fatally dealt with. Yes, during their reign it might have been tough for some in that part of the World, but their removal has made it tough Worldwide for many many more. IMO Bush and Blairs meddling has caused this problem. God knows how many have died, and still will, due to them. WMD was nothing more than an excuse for Bush and his lapdog to flex their muscles.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
70 years ago we were faced with a fanatical enemy who believed in death before surrender, hated keeping prisoners, who they thought were not deserving of life, and killed many of them. They were fanatics pure and simple. Since Hiroshima and Nagasaki they have become model law abiding citizens of a free and civilised world. I very much fear that the same remedy will be necessary again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A bloody nightmare caused solely by removing despot Dictators. When Sadaam and Gadaffi were in charge ISIS would never have got off the ground, they'd have been fatally dealt with. Yes, during their reign it might have been tough for some in that part of the World, but their removal has made it tough Worldwide for many many more. IMO Bush and Blairs meddling has caused this problem. God knows how many have died, and still will, due to them. WMD was nothing more than an excuse for Bush and his lapdog to flex their muscles.

Extremists have been going since long before Sadaam & Gadaffi were deposed. A couple of days I posted a link where dozens of tourists were killed in Luxor by Egyptian extremists in 1997. I can't be bothered to post it again.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
70 years ago we were faced with a fanatical enemy who believed in death before surrender, hated keeping prisoners, who they thought were not deserving of life, and killed many of them. They were fanatics pure and simple. Since Hiroshima and Nagasaki they have become model law abiding citizens of a free and civilised world. I very much fear that the same remedy will be necessary again.

Unfortunately it's so much more difficult now. These guys are smart, there is no battlefield, they've bought the war to everyone's doorstep.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Long-term: Have a real think about policy towards Israel/Palestine, support for undemocratic Arab regimes, and poverty in Muslim countries. Be prepared to work with Iran. Accept that in some countries Islamist governments will be democratically and legitimately elected. Be prepared to accept that Iraq and to a lesser extent Syria are not and never will be logical nation states and that some borders might need re-drawing. Involve China & Russia in discussions over the kind of governments we want to fill any vacuums left.

Short-term: Monitor the borders, keep up counter-terrorism surveillance (but try not to make it intrusive), get the Iraqis/Kurds/Saudis/Iranians/Turks around the same table and back them to the hilt with money and advice. Don't put Western troops on the ground at any cost, and try to make sure the bombs that land don't have US/UK flags on them.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Not defeat, but give them some land to create their own state where they can do what they like, let anyone that wants to move there and negotiate a 'peace' with the proviso that they will get flattened if they step out of line.

In the meantime, get all the moderate imams to denounce violence and kick out the extremists.

Unless the middle east stands up to them en masse nothing will change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here