Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Leicester Manager...

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Claudio Ranieri!

Get your money on them being relegated then...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'm going to buck the trend and state, possibly foolishly, that he'll keep them up this year. He won't be spectacular, but they'll survive.

Would have done better under Pearson I suspect but, as we all know, he gives every indication of being a lunatic so no great surprise it didn't work out too well.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good news, he always provides entertainment with his interviews.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why is just about every new manager, big money signing and palace stiff treated the same way.

Abject failure waiting to happen.

Ok so I'll give you the palace one.
£50m is enough to get anyone's back up esp for an 'average' player with no CV.
But nevertheless he's not going into their development squad, as some would have you believe.

Ranieri is one of the most experienced managers in world football.
He can certainly mix it up with the likes of Gary Monk.
He's in charge or a team with money to burn, who were plenty good enough last season, when the sun was out.

They are competing in a league that contains Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Blunderland, Swansea, WBA, Newcastle, palace, Everton, the list goes on.

And yet THEY become relegation fodder.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Greece 0 Faroe Islands 1, under Ranieri's watch. He was sacked in the morning.

Interesting appointment.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Why is just about every new manager, big money signing and palace stiff treated the same way.

Abject failure waiting to happen.

Ok so I'll give you the palace one.
£50m is enough to get anyone's back up esp for an 'average' player with no CV.
But nevertheless he's not going into their development squad, as some would have you believe.

Ranieri is one of the most experienced managers in world football.
He can certainly mix it up with the likes of Gary Monk.
He's in charge or a team with money to burn, who were plenty good enough last season, when the sun was out.

They are competing in a league that contains Norwich, Bournemouth, Watford, Blunderland, Swansea, WBA, Newcastle, palace, Everton, the list goes on.

And yet THEY become relegation fodder.
Rafa Benitez is my favourite.

Incredible CV, comparable to all but the very best, yet if you mention his name in relation to a job in England it's laughed out the room.

Sure, he may have slightly lost the plot at Liverpool by the end but he was taking on SAF, that's broken many a man.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I just saw a thing on the Twitter that said that there are only 10 managers with a better win percentage in the Premier League than him.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I just saw a thing on the Twitter that said that there are only 10 managers with a better win percentage in the Premier League than him.

There have been 8 Chelsea managers in the Premier League with a better win percentage than him...

Though I do not have just Premier League fixtures available for that stat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here