Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Live Aid

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
30 years ago ......remember watching as a 15 year old but must have been the best concert ever to be at.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
'Kin hot that day...worked in the morning. Didn't go, but bloody hot if I recall. Hate to say it but Queen and U2 nicked the show.

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
I was there, still got the ticket and programme. Remember it being very hot and the atmosphere being quite flat until Queen came on and stole the show. The Who, U2 and David Bowie were pretty good too. Can't believe it was 30 years ago!

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
One of my best memories of the 80s. A great day out. The rain cooling us down about 8pm was amazing. Quo's opening was one of the all-time great music moments for me... and I'm not even a Quo fan.

Incredible to think it was so long ago, and that I had so any mistakes still ahead of me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was there, still got the ticket and programme. Remember it being very hot and the atmosphere being quite flat until Queen came on and stole the show. The Who, U2 and David Bowie were pretty good too. Can't believe it was 30 years ago!
This, still have my t shirt and ticket in a frame. £25 was expensive then but worth every penny. I remember getting the first train to brighton and queuing for about 6 hours for a ticket. I remember how funny it was to be standing on the pitch at Wembley.

Seeing the Radio gaga clip never fails to send shivers down the spine.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
30 years ago ......remember watching as a 15 year old but must have been the best concert ever to be at.

Watched the whole thing on TV, just wished I'd gone (like many others).

Went to Live 8, and that was great, but nothing could ever top the original....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had two tickets for me and the fiancé, my ship was then sent to sea, onthe Wednesday before, so I told her to sell the tickets, as I wouldn't be able to make it. My ship broke down, we came back into Pompey on the Friday afternoon but she had already sold them, so I watched it all in the pub.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably the greatest concert ever coupled with the USA part, I got the official DVD and there were so many great performances that day albeit some were positively awful.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Great day, great buzz & great girls...
Was on my mates shoulders wearing a Stones mouth t shirt and a rasta hat 10 rows from the front waiting to be seen by 2 billion. Turns out it was the only song that didn't make telly cos of broadcast issues....anyone know which one it was!?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Great day, great buzz & great girls...
Was on my mates shoulders wearing a Stones mouth t shirt and a rasta hat 10 rows from the front waiting to be seen by 2 billion. Turns out it was the only song that didn't make telly cos of broadcast issues....anyone know which one it was!?

Hey Jude, at the end?

One of the moments for me , was The Cars video, the stick thin child struggling to their feet, still gets me today

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
This anniversary seems to have gone almost un-noticed in the media, though Wave 105 had a show dedicated to it last night.
I remember trying to buy some blank videos on the way home from work so I could record it, but everyone had sold out!

10 years ago, the concert was finally released as a 4-dvd set - as it is a grotty old day out there, I think I will dig it out later....

Vegas.. reading the booklet that came with the DVD set, two of The Who songs didnt get broadcast because a generator died.

A cynical little ditty here from a local lad from Hastings, now relocated to the USA. Clever b*gg*r, writes books as well of which "By George" (about a ventroliquists dummy) is really rather good.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
I was there and probably better looking back than the actual day itself. Rumour that the Beatles were to reform when Julian Lennon did not play in his slot. The end was very disappointing as no Beatles just PM and then the sound went. Also the link with USA did not work that well. Madonna was bad and the only link that got the crowd going were the Beach boys.
If i remember rightly we were back in Brighton before midnight to watch the end of the USA one.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This anniversary seems to have gone almost un-noticed in the media, though Wave 105 had a show dedicated to it last night.
I remember trying to buy some blank videos on the way home from work so I could record it, but everyone had sold out!

10 years ago, the concert was finally released as a 4-dvd set - as it is a grotty old day out there, I think I will dig it out later....

Vegas.. reading the booklet that came with the DVD set, two of The Who songs didnt get broadcast because a generator died.

Correct....From Soho down to Brighton

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I have watched a few documentaries over the years and its astounding the whole thing went as well as it did, in music terms its a bit like "how the hell did that machine get to the moon and back again"

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have watched a few documentaries over the years and its astounding the whole thing went as well as it did, in music terms its a bit like "how the hell did that machine get to the moon and back again"

Harvey Goldsmith is a big part of the answer

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here