Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Depending obviously on where lives, presumably in the country and not in Blackburn he may not have to move house if he signs for Wednesday as the drive over Snakes Pass is quite good generally except when and if the snow comes.

Do you expect he will discuss a specific 'snow day' plan to get there when he goes for his interview? I'd like to think he would...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you expect he will discuss a specific 'snow day' plan to get there when he goes for his interview? I'd like to think he would...

Up in the tundra that is North North Arundel he'll probably be snowed in for the interview.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Henri Lansbury to Burnley for £4m.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Not for an interview but could influence his final choice of club, stay in his existing house or move down south spending a lot more money. Generally the drive from Manchester suburbs to Sheffield is very easy.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Not for an interview but could influence his final choice of club, stay in his existing house or move down south spending a lot more money. Generally the drive from Manchester suburbs to Sheffield is very easy.
Clubs often assist when moves are from the grim North to the glorious but expensive South.....shouldn't be an issue.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clearly you have never tried driving through Mottram in the rush hour.

I havent driven this road for a few years but looking at google maps the A57 appears to by pass Mottram and it says that it is 40 miles 1hr 10 mins rom Oldham to Sheffield which is much the same as driving Brighton to Portsmouth. Even so he wouldnt drive through there during rush hour either after going to Sheffield and before going home. I am sure that he would consider this rather than move family and any children down south if wages etc offered were the same.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I havent driven this road for a few years but looking at google maps the A57 appears to by pass Mottram and it says that it is 40 miles 1hr 10 mins rom Oldham to Sheffield which is much the same as driving Brighton to Portsmouth. Even so he wouldnt drive through there during rush hour either after going to Sheffield and before going home. I am sure that he would consider this rather than move family and any children down south if wages etc offered were the same.
Does he live in Oldham? It's still a shitty drive to have to do every day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does he live in Oldham? It's still a shitty drive to have to do every day.

I suggested that possibly he doesnt live in Blackburn but in the country somewhere in a Moors village possibly. It was only a suggestion that he could stay in his house if he signed for Sheff Wed nothing definite, which could affect his final decision of which club to join if any.

Wasnt he on loan at Sheff Wed so has possibly made the journey often.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the situation is something like this:

Blackburn -> £5m
|
|
|
|
|
Albion -> £3m

3.5 mil should do it - with another 500k if we get promoted... I reckon the chicken fellas price will drop the closer we get to the window end...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Clubs often assist when moves are from the grim North to the glorious but expensive South.....shouldn't be an issue.

Relocation expenditure apart from the £8,500 tax free element are now paid as part of footballers and football managers salary. There is normally an agreed period.

I recall the late 1980s HMRC reviewed all football clubs for things like this. Leeds United were absolutely hammered for it by paying fees for players like David Batty moving house who were moving 10 minutes up the road and claiming the £8500 tax free allowance for relocation on them.

HMRC then subsequently did a PAYE audit on all football clubs and gave them all a ''directive'' that relocation expenditure all had to go through PAYE

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The price will probably drop from £5m - £3m as the transfer window nears an end. Maybe £3.5m on the 31st but with Wednesday now bidding, it'll be a battle we'll probably loose if it goes the same way as Clayton last season.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
They probably feel the same as we do re: Dunk to fulham on this.. Hence they really don't want to sell one of their best players to a rival. I really can't see a deal being struck, it's frustrating after all this but maybe it's time we move on to other targets.

He'd probably have kicked up a fuss if he wanted to come here anyway

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They probably feel the same as we do re: Dunk to fulham on this.. Hence they really don't want to sell one of their best players to a rival. I really can't see a deal being struck, it's frustrating after all this but maybe it's time we move on to other targets.

He'd probably have kicked up a fuss if he wanted to come here anyway

Rumour is he does want to come here... But then apparently so did Adam Clayton...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here