Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

NorthStandSeagull

Apr 20, 2013
Hove
Linked with the winger in this mornings sun, Rovers apparently using the money to fund another player, just a fee to be agreed.

I'm all in favour of this happening, quality wide man, pacey, tricky and can deliver a ball

Get him in!!....

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Don't think the player wants to leave Rovers.

Former Wednesday loan star and Blackburn Rovers winger Ben Marshall has said that he is staying put with his present club, reports the Sheffield Telegraph.

The 23-year-old as many will recall enjoyed a productive spell at Hillsborough under Gary Megson. As Wednesday laid the foundations for promotion from League One at the expense of rivals Sheffield United in the 2011/12 season. With the Owls having increased spending power under owner Dejphon Chansiri there has been weeks of speculation that he could return to S6, with many fans tweeting they'd be thrilled to have him return.

Marshall replied to the transfer speculation, speaking to the Sheffield Telegraph and said -
'I`m happy here and I`ve got no plans to be going anywhere. I think I`ve been linked with Sheffield Wednesday in probably every transfer window.'

"It`s nice to have that bit of interest but I`m really happy here and I`m really looking forward to the start of the new season."

http://www.sheffwed.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=405284

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Shame. Ah well... next!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It's funny but we appear to be linked with almost exclusively professional northerners who really won't want to upend their predictably young families away from friendship roots or schools.

Are southerners more expensive?!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whilst these twitter comments are mostly wrong I would hope that we are further down the line in our search for a wide player than still at the bid rejected phase.

Not if we are working our way down a list and being rejected one by one by all of them as seems could very easily be the case?

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Given how secret the club keeps its signings, I reckon this is a smokescreen to distract attention from who is really coming. So I reckon a signing within 48 hours - and probably someone we've never heard of, or the Iranian guy (that story has gone very quiet over the past week)

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Comments from Marshall re Sheffield Wednesday can be cheerfully disregarded: if they offer him the right money, he'll be off like a rat up a drainpipe. He's just keeping the Rovers fans happy in the meantime.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Look to the other wing....Craig Conway...the one who got away...

It's funny (not funny ha ha) but Conway wasn't universally popular during his loan spell, and I shared the doubts. However, compared to what followed he was a Messi / Ronaldo hybrid. I'd take him back like a shot.

Stumpy Tim

It's noticeable he's another player we're allegedly after with a physical presence. Rosenior & Hemed are both an inch shy of 6 foot, & both strong. Bong is 6 foot 2 & Marshall is 6 foot. Throw in Ince & the two centre halves, and it does look like we're going to be a threat from set pieces this season.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's noticeable he's another player we're allegedly after with a physical presence. Rosenior & Hemed are both an inch shy of 6 foot, & both strong. Bong is 6 foot 2 & Marshall is 6 foot. Throw in Ince & the two centre halves, and it does look like we're going to be a threat from set pieces this season.

Or just not shoved off it like 6 year old boys at a 10 year old's party. We lacked leadership and physical presence big time last season and this just looks like we're making the difference back up.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You seem to be putting a lot of faith in the ball not being launched out of the ground or straight into the 'keepers arms.

That'll certainly make a pleasant change, but I'll believe it when I see it.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Brighton table £1.5m bid for Blackburn Rovers winger and former Manchester United trainee Ben Marshall

Brighton have opened the bidding for Blackburn Rovers winger Ben Marshall at £1.5million
The 24-year-old is a former member of Manchester United's academy
Marshall joined Blackburn from Leicester in 2013, but could now be sold to help alleviate the Ewood Park club's transfer embargo

Brighton have made a £1.5million bid for Blackburn Rovers winger Ben Marshall.

The 24-year-old former Manchester United trainee is regarded as one of the best wingers in the Championship.

He joined Blackburn from Leicester for an initial £750,000 in 2013 and Rovers now need to sell to help alleviate the restrictions of their transfer embargo.

Marshall has interest from other Championship sides but Brighton have made the first move.

Blackburn striker Jordan Rhodes, meanwhile, is awaiting results of a scan over fears he has damaged ankle ligaments after taking a knock in a friendly against Accrington Stanley at the weekend.

Rudy Gestede is also nursing a knee injury which has ruled him out of their pre-season camp in Portugal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nited-trainee-Ben-Marshall.html#ixzz3fnAFGUyO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here