Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ben Marshall

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly I would watch him a few times if there was interest to form an opinon. My point is that when generally just scouting for nobody in particular just looking for talent if the first impression is poor you wouldnt follow it up.
If you had said that, no one would have disagreed. That's not what you were saying though. You know full well that we've bid a lot of money for him as a winger who can score and get assists, you saw him stuck in defence, and decided he wasn't worth the £3m we've bid.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you had said that, no one would have disagreed. That's not what you were saying though. You know full well that we've bid a lot of money for him as a winger who can score and get assists, you saw him stuck in defence, and decided he wasn't worth the £3m we've bid.

Sorry I didnt put it very well but I know what I meant. That hada I been a casual scout just wtaching because of our offers I wouldnt have been impressed and gone out of my way to watch him again unless asked to by the manager. I thought that Murphy looked the part and was quite impressed a great improvement for us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly I would watch him a few times if there was interest to form an opinon. My point is that when generally just scouting for nobody in particular just looking for talent if the first impression is poor you wouldnt follow it up.

Jesus Christ how many decent players have you passed over I wonder, an absolutely ridiculous comment to make

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
They had two players taken ill the night before the game, Adam Henley and Jason Lowe. Henley is a full back and Lowe is a midfielder who can fill in at full back. That is why Marshall had to play fullback. They only named 6 subs so I am guessing they only had a squad of 19 players travel down.

Point taken Joey, but are you telling me that all those 6 subs are Forwards ?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sorry I didnt put it very well but I know what I meant. That hada I been a casual scout just wtaching because of our offers I wouldnt have been impressed and gone out of my way to watch him again unless asked to by the manager. I thought that Murphy looked the part and was quite impressed a great improvement for us.

Are you sure you was a football scout BG?.

You do make me laugh.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Point taken Joey, but are you telling me that all those 6 subs are Forwards ?

Matt Kilgallon was the only defender they had on the bench, he'd been an unused sub in all their previous games and had only started their Carling Cup game. He's a Centre Back who can play full back but I don't think he's that quick so that's more than likely why they decided to play Marshall there.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Are you sure you was a football scout BG?.

You do make me laugh.

Me too. I get the distinct impression he was the football scout equivalent of Ron Manager

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They had two players taken ill the night before the game, Adam Henley and Jason Lowe. Henley is a full back and Lowe is a midfielder who can fill in at full back. That is why Marshall had to play fullback. They only named 6 subs so I am guessing they only had a squad of 19 players travel down.

This always amazes me as they either came down by coach or they flew down whichever the coach came down from Blackburn or in our case go from Brighton why could they not put a couple of DS players on the coach just in case. It wouldnt cost anything other than another hotel room for board and food. The problem is how many do you draw the line at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here