Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do we need a nasty b*****d?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Anyone else think we need a bit of a nasty player in our team? Over vthe last couple of seasons we seem to have missed that hard man type that will get in the faces of the opposition and give us a bit of an edge.

I have loved the Spanish Spanish/flair players that we have had over the last 4 years or so but last season we seemed to be missing a bit of grit and aggression.

Doesn't need to be a dirty player but just someone to wind people up like Charlie Oatway, El-abd and even Ashley Barnes used to do. Sometimes I think we are just a bit too nice.

Anyone agree or is it just the Saturday whisky talking?

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
nope i agree remember paul tank clarke taking out the luton player who had been kicking our players.. he did howver break his leg and end the guys career.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
beram was yellow carded today

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
I think Beram Kayal fulfills that role rather nicely.
He has shown grit and cock sureness on more than a few occasions.
We have been a bit too polite or nice since El Abd left.
I think we are sorted now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A nasty barmaid??

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I hate it when a team has a good discipline record. You never know how good your team really is till it's playing 10 men.
Besides, it deprives the punters of the mental exercise that comes from working out all the possible substitutions when someone gets suspended.
And the entertainment of watching left backs and wingers forced play on the right, and vice versa, or backs playing in midfield.

As much a part of football as a dog on the pitch.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Anyone else think we need a bit of a nasty player in our team? Over vthe last couple of seasons we seem to have missed that hard man type that will get in the faces of the opposition and give us a bit of an edge.

I have loved the Spanish Spanish/flair players that we have had over the last 4 years or so but last season we seemed to be missing a bit of grit and aggression.

Doesn't need to be a dirty player but just someone to wind people up like Charlie Oatway, El-abd and even Ashley Barnes used to do. Sometimes I think we are just a bit too nice.

Anyone agree or is it just the Saturday whisky talking?

thought this for a while need a player in the barto , cattermole mould or to a lesser extent leadbetter who puts himself about a bit and has excellent dead ball capabilities......think crofts can fill this role but not sure he's going to remain injury free.....obviously hope he does , maybe ince could " revup " a bit .....when i used to play we were frequently told " get out there and put yerself about." maybe now we have an english speaking manager this basic part of the game will return.....ince would be a perfect "enforcer"..imho.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Was he? How do you know? I didn't see that reported anywhere.

I am sure I saw it on the twitter feed

yep just checked on 33 mins for a late foul

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think the whole team could learn a bit of cunning. Too many times last season, our players would get upended, get nothing for it, and feeling aggrieved reltaliate and give away a blatant free kick. This would result in a silly yellow, or in some cases a red card. It was naive, and we need to get cuter to get even. I think Kayal could be the guy, and I'm looking forward to seeing him play all season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here