Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boyband member collapses on flight

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Scots boyband member collapses on Easyjet flight from heat exhaustion after wearing 12 LAYERS to avoid luggage charge
11:01, 10 JULY 2015 BY JOHN SHAMMAS
JAMES McELVAR admits he feels lucky to be alive after he managed to circumvent excess baggage rules but had a fit mid-air.
1148 Shares

A SCOTS teenager collapsed on an Easyjet flight due to heat exhaustion after wrapping himself in 12 layers of clothes to beat check-in rules.

James McElvar, 19, was travelling back to Glasgow from London after performing with boyband Rewind.

Having been told he wouldn't be allowed on the plane with his excess luggage, he decided to wear the entire contents of his rucksack.

The Cumbernauld teenager donned four jumpers, six t-shirts, three pairs of jeans, two jogging bottoms, two jackets and even two hats to avoid ditching them.

But the singer's attempt to beat the budget airline's check-in rules saw him throw up before collapsing.

James told The Sun: "I thought I was a goner. It felt just like I was having a heart attack. I was so hot I felt I would pass out as soon as I boarded.”

"I was soaked with sweat and within minutes I was sick. I got moved to another seat but I collapsed moments later. I was shaking and convulsing. I couldn’t breathe. I heard someone shouting, ‘Man down — is there a doctor on board?’

"An off-duty paramedic rushed to my aid and an oxygen tank was brought to me. Other passengers held my legs and arms to stop them shaking."

After the plane landed, he was treated by medics and said he felt he was lucky to be alive.

It all began when James tried to get onto the flight with both a small rucksack and a suitcase at London's Stansted Airport.

But despite being offered to pay a fee to get the bag on board, he decided to shun the offer and take drastic action.

A spokeswoman for Easyjet said: "He was asked to either combine his two items into one bag or pay £45 to check one of them into the hold.

"Our crew assisted him when he became unwell."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-boyband-member-collapses-easyjet-6039223

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
If he could "Rewind" do you think he'd pay the £45 or remain true to the stereotypical tight Scotsman ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs Tackle was slapped with a £45 levy for oversized hand luggage on our trip out to Iceland last week. She was not happy. :tantrum:

ps by Iceland I mean this place:
P1070430.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here