Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our manager

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm sure he'd be tempted. But whether he'd take it is another matter. Ireland aren't a particularly good team at the moment.

Actually, neither are we ...

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
O'Neill to Leicester reeks of Adams part 2. ROI are as good as out of contention in a European Championship qualifying group where two teams qualify automatically and the 3rd placed team either qualifies or goes into a play-off. In short that's pretty poor. The Heady days of Jack Charlton and Mick McCarthy(2002) must seem a distant memory to their fans. If offered the opportunity Chris would be mad to even consider it. A choice between Andy Naylor and Eamon Dunphy.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would Hughton, after a period out of the game, chuck it in now, and take a big pay cut?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd think it'd be possible.

All but the very top managers seem to genuinely aspire to manage their country and it's the sort of opportunity that may only come around once in a lifetime.

That said, I don't believe that he'd be the first choice.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Roy Keane would be the obvious choice.

Definitely this. Keane taking over full time would be the logical move, seeing as he's already O'Neills number 2 and that he quit his assistant managers role at Villa to concentrate on his Ireland role.

Wouldn't surprise me if Hughton goes onto manage Ireland later in life though.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If offered I doubt he would take it, but I wouldn't be upset if he did

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Serious lack of enthusiasm and lack of concern from Albion fans on this thread, doesn't bode well for CH if we start badly. The Amex is a grim place when the fans are disgruntled.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I thought this was going to be a thread about how our manager either can't say or chooses not to pronounce properly the word competitive. I just watched his video on SP and he keeps saying "compeddative".
I don't know. These youngsters and their street talk.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He is not interested in International management jobs at this point in time in his career. He was offered 2 International jobs when he was out of work and turned them both down so he wont be taking the Ireland job, if offered

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here