Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabian Delph

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Just signed for Man Citeh. I bet Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal fans are wondering how they missed out on this talent. A real statement of intent.

If Citeh wanted a crap English player that can pass the ball sideways they could have got Tom Cleverley on a free.

Modern football is mind boggling sometimes.

Instead of asking Michah Richards for advice he should have asked Scott Sinclair for some. Maybe he did, probably told him to take the money and sit on the bench.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I find this move baffling. Delph has just managed to get himself into the England squad but to stay there, he'll need games. How will he get these a City? A bad move for the player, the England national side and very possibly, City.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It sounds bad but I honestly think that he'll have been signed to make up the quota of English players rather than for his ability.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find this move baffling. Delph has just managed to get himself into the England squad but to stay there, he'll need games. How will he get these a City? A bad move for the player, the England national side and very possibly, City.

My guess is that this will be another Scott Sinclair/Jack Rodwell Situation.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It doesn't look like the smartest move in terms of actually playing and developing, but if he wants easy silverware and ludicrous money at the expense of an England future etc then he's probably got it right. Seems a waste to me.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
He could fill the Lampard void and actually get more games than we think, plus in his mind he will now have the chance of playing Champions League. Still a prat for picking that option.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Strange decision. He is only going to fill the void of James Milner who left due to wanting more game time. Just got in the England squad playing for Villa and in reality needed to be playing every week to keep his place.
Seems to many young English players just follow the money rather than earn it on the pitch. Has ruined or setback numerous promising careers. Looks like Sterling will be next although how anyone is stupid enough to offer anything close to 50 million is mad.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
In fairness, he's probably playing the long game and waiting for his dream loan move back to Villa in 2017.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The Press saying for £8 million fee, he was on a 4 and a half year deal at Villa.

This makes the Ulloa fee of £8 million plus add ons up to £11 million look amazing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mental, he just wont play - even less chance if they sign Pogba.

If he wanted to take a step up he should have gone to Spurs or Liverpool - he would have played every week.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The Press saying for £8 million fee, he was on a 4 and a half year deal at Villa.

This makes the Ulloa fee of £8 million plus add ons up to £11 million look amazing.

He had a release clause written into his contract when he renewed last season, that if a club who had secured Champions League football came in for him he could leave for that figure this window.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
He is 25 so in theory its the peak years of his career. Which IMO means its the time to make a big move and go for it. If he waits at Vila for say another 2 years he will be 27/28 with only around 3 twilight years left on his career, so I reckon its now or never for him. If he was in his early 20s the I would say its a silly move (i.e sinclair), but at his age I thinking fair play, go and have ago for it at a big club.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Strange decision. He is only going to fill the void of James Milner who left due to wanting more game time.

Agree with you about it being a strange decision. Milner made 45 appearances for City last season, some in centre midfield, but he played a lot out on the right, some on the left of midfield and even some up front for city. He has that versatility, Delph on the other hand can only really play one position and will probably really struggle to dislodge Yaya and Fernandinho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here