Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New BLACK stash

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Retail manager Ben Price just tweeted some photos of #exclusive BLACK stuff coming in #September.

Can't wait.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't get the point. If I want to fly the BHA colours I'd like them to be seen. If I wanted a man - bag I'd shop around for a slightly less cheap looking one than that shiny piece of pleathery shite. As for that shirt, I know what the date means but that design looks like the sort of tat they flogged in Next in the early 2000's with odd numbers all over them for middle aged men who like to barbeque and talk about routes to work at dinner parties.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Don't get the point. If I want to fly the BHA colours I'd like them to be seen. If I wanted a man - bag I'd shop around for a slightly less cheap looking one than that shiny piece of pleathery shite. As for that shirt, I know what the date means but that design looks like the sort of tat they flogged in Next in the early 2000's with odd numbers all over them for middle aged men who like to barbeque and talk about routes to work at dinner parties.

It makes money for the club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I take your point about wanting the Albion colours to be seen, but please don't knock those middle aged men who like black, like odd numbers, and enjoy a barbeque. I'm one of them!

Now what route was it l took to the office this morning?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wonder if the irony of selling 1901 t- shirts to 1901 members who then can't wear them on the 1901 Club lounges is lost on them?

Distinct lack of joined up writing

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Not to steal a line from NSC's Edna, but: 'Can we get married Nibble?' :blush::love:

If you hadn't written that post already then I would have.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Not to steal a line from NSC's Edna, but: 'Can we get married Nibble?' :blush::love:

If you hadn't written that post already then I would have.

Sorry I'm currently being held as a sex slave in Bushy's underground spankpit. He's had dibs on me for a while now.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No necessarily as when I buy a nice boss or Armani shirt I don't want that plastered all over it :)

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
So can something not make money for the club and not look like market stall tat?

Do you think people who want a good quality top to wear automatically think, "I know, I'll head up the Amex superstore and see what's in the leisurewear range"?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I see the point that when buying lower end "designer" brands like Boss or Armani one doesn't want to look tacky by having the logo on display. It's a bit lottery winner. However, club merchandise shouldn't pretend to be something it's not. It has tried here and failed abysmally. Who designed that rot?

Football gear is never going to be tasteful, it's fun to wear to a game or out on a run. One of my favourite things is to wear my BHA training top as I run deep through Palace country near where I live but I'm not going to wear football clothing anywhere else no matter how much they've tried to hide the badge.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So can something make money for the club and not look like market stall tat at the same time?

Football clubs as a whole seem to find that incredibly difficult, it's not just us. It's better than it was, but I concur that most of it appears to be manufactured by the same people who make sweatshirts with Tube maps on and shortbread biscuit tins shaped like Routemaster buses for Oxford Street souvenir stores (and about as well-priced...).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Football clubs as a whole seem to find that incredibly difficult, it's not just us. It's better than it was, but I concur that most of it appears to be manufactured by the same people who make sweatshirts with Tube maps on and shortbread biscuit tins shaped like Routemaster buses for Oxford Street souvenir stores (and about as well-priced...).

Maybe that's where kit manufacturers, Nike, Adidas, Puma et al could come in, and design and manufacture leisurewear gear for clubs that they supply playing kit for. I wonder if that could prove a lucrative sideline for them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here