Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion in the Community get £77K from Children in Need

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I thought this was worth a mention. It's fantastic news imo.

http://albioninthecommunity.org.uk/news/aitc-celebrates-bbc-children-in-need-donation

Earlier this week AITC received confirmation it is being given a £77,776 grant from BBC Children In Need which will fund part of its work in the Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb areas of Brighton.
In Whitehawk, the BBC Children In Need grant will fund three free evening football sessions a week at the Crew Club and the Manor, a girls dance session, a mini kicks club for under-11s and a youth worker.
And in Moulsecoomb the money will pay for two free evening football sessions a week, a girls-only football session, a mini kicks club and a youth worker.
AITC will also be able to help young people from both areas get qualifications.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I thought this was worth a mention. It's fantastic news imo.

http://albioninthecommunity.org.uk/news/aitc-celebrates-bbc-children-in-need-donation

Earlier this week AITC received confirmation it is being given a £77,776 grant from BBC Children In Need which will fund part of its work in the Whitehawk and Moulsecoomb areas of Brighton.
In Whitehawk, the BBC Children In Need grant will fund three free evening football sessions a week at the Crew Club and the Manor, a girls dance session, a mini kicks club for under-11s and a youth worker.
And in Moulsecoomb the money will pay for two free evening football sessions a week, a girls-only football session, a mini kicks club and a youth worker.
AITC will also be able to help young people from both areas get qualifications.

Brilliant ! Well done to all involved.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
All very laudible and great for the kids involved I am sure. However, in the overall scheme of things I would have thought that this would be quite a way down on the overall children in need priority list and probably not what a lot of contributors to the charity would have expected. The fact that the money effectively ends up with the Albion, and that in days gone by the Albion would have offered this for free anyway, all surprises me a bit.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
All very laudible and great for the kids involved I am sure. However, in the overall scheme of things I would have thought that this would be quite a way down on the overall children in need priority list and probably not what a lot of contributors to the charity would have expected. The fact that the money effectively ends up with the Albion, and that in days gone by the Albion would have offered this for free anyway, all surprises me a bit.

Have you read it? Would the Albion pay for a youth worker? Would the Albion provide girls dance lessons?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

The money hasn't gone to the Albion - it's gone to AITC which is a registered charity. And actually, I suspect many, myself included, will be happy that their money has gone to help disadvantaged children in one of the poorest estates in the country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here