Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open Heart Surgery

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
now there must be some of you out there who has had open heart surgery, so OK if you you had this how long were you in hospital, where was it done( I have a choice RSH or St Thomas in London) obviously the RSH would be better for transport and visiting, but I have been to St Thomas's once before its big and seems very good.
anyone have any thoughts on this.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
now there must be some of you out there who has had open heart surgery, so OK if you you had this how long were you in hospital, where was it done( I have a choice RSH or St Thomas in London) obviously the RSH would be better for transport and visiting, but I have been to St Thomas's once before its big and seems very good.
anyone have any thoughts on this.
Nothing to say except wish you the best of luck with it mate.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
My sister had triple bypass surgery at St Thomas 5 weeks ago. She was in hospital for a week and started the special exercise workouts after 3 weeks. It all went very well and she had a fantastic view from her hospital bed. I think the key factor is the surgeon rather than the hospital.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
St Thomas every time if it were me. Friend of mine was in not far back. Just over a week before going home.
Hope all goes well

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
My sister had triple bypass surgery at St Thomas 5 weeks ago. She was in hospital for a week and started the special exercise workouts after 3 weeks. It all went very well and she had a fantastic view from her hospital bed. I think the key factor is the surgeon rather than the hospital.
Correction - she was in London Bridge Hospital but the same surgeon as at St Thomas's.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Vinnie Bapat is the surgeon you want if you can get him.

thanks for that
and thanks to you all for the best wishes
arteriogram on Monday then op as soon after as they can
and maybe I can finally get to the Amex for a game :ascarf:

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just to give you a bit of confidence, I had a quadruple bypass at Kings Hospital in London and have never had a spot of bother since. That was in 1991, over 24 years ago so I think it worked! I would imagine there even better at it now so worry not, your be fine.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I underwnet open heart and lung surgery last June. Had it done at Papworth hospital in Cambridge, without doubt the best hospital in the country by a country mile for heart and lung surgery.
I'd ask if you could go there if I was you

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes, I had open heart surgery at Papworth in November 2013. operation on the Friday, discharged on the Wednesday. Whilst it's not a picnic, I didn't find the experience anywhere near as bad as I feared. If you've got a choice of providers, I think I would do the selfish thing and check out the mortality stats for the hospitals and indeed individual surgeons http://www.scts.org/patients/thoracic/data.aspx?type=trust - These are general but at least you can compare one trust or one surgeon against another. Sounds like yours is planned surgery - so that's good news. I hope it all goes well for you if I can help at all, get in touch

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Tommy's Glas, or get them to send you to Southampton. Looks like it's too late and you have decided. You will be fine. Are they sure it's not just a furball?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Just to give you a bit of confidence, I had a quadruple bypass at Kings Hospital in London and have never had a spot of bother since. That was in 1991, over 24 years ago so I think it worked! I would imagine there even better at it now so worry not, your be fine.

Wow, what a brilliant post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here