Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Backpass magazine - Brian Clough & BHA

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
Greetings all,

Just a heads up about the latest edition of Backpass, the retro football magazine (issue 45, July/Aug 2015), in which Nick Szczepanik and myself have combined to write two separate articles spanning four pages about Brian Clough's spell as Albion's manager during 1973-74.

Plenty of other good articles as well about planet football pre-the Premier League. Always a good read, even if I say so myself as a regular contributor.

Up the Albion,
Spencer Vignes

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
Yep, that's the magazine. Stuart Pearson (Man Utd) and Norman Hunter (Leeds) on the front of this edition.

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
Yep, Smiths sells it. Might not be in stock for another day or two. I've only just got mine hot off the press through the mail.

Hiney, things were looking a bit dicey about the future of the mag a few months ago, but it's definitely back on form now.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I picked this mag up in WHSmiths in London a few months back to read on the train, and loved it. Haven't seen it sold anywhere in the Midlands though sadly. Will keep looking!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Got my copy yesterday.

Superb stuff. If you like to read about football free of all the modern, corporate, money-obsessed bollocks then get involved.

Two excellent Albion-related artcles by [MENTION=25768]Spencer Vignes[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION]

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here