Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shirt sponsors: would you rather...?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
(1) Be sponsored by American Express even if it meant having a large plastic logo patch stuck on to the front of the shirt

or

(2) Be sponsored (with beautiful, neat logos thoughtfully incorporated into the shirt design) in successive seasons by (a) Cash Converters and now (2) Flamingo Land?

http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/tigers-announce-new-shirt-sponsor-2537302.aspx

flamingo-land-logo.png

???

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
“Since Flamingo Land’s initial meetings with the Club and our subsequent agreement, it has become abundantly clear that we are both Premiership quality!"

I'd love to know how it has become 'abundantly clear' that Hull are 'Premiership (sic) quality'. I thought it was 'abundantly clear' that they weren't when they got relegated two months ago..

Also, incredible that people still haven't grasped that IT'S THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

Oh and :lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Flamingo Land is the sort of sponsor you'd expect on the shirt of a small Division Four club in about 1983. I love it :lol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Quotes from their forum

ROAR!

SQUARK!

TITTER!

Change of pants required as I just pissed mine laughing.

I assume they have Tigers at Flamingoland, not just Flamingos... hang on, Hull ****in Falmingos!

Anything is better than Cash Converters, but this is still a little bit ****.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just seen somebody wondering on Twitter if all the players will be standing on one leg in the team photo :D

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Does this mean we're going to change our name to Hull Flamingoes and play in pink?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It really doesn't matter, does it?

What does matter is the deal is only for one year currently so there's a significant chance that this kit will be replaced, with a new sponsor, a year from now. This is another area that the FL/Premier League should get involved in - a kit should have a 2-year life, never just the one.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
“Since Flamingo Land’s initial meetings with the Club and our subsequent agreement, it has become abundantly clear that we are both Premiership quality!"

I'd love to know how it has become 'abundantly clear' that Hull are 'Premiership (sic) quality'. I thought it was 'abundantly clear' that they weren't when they got relegated two months ago..

Also, incredible that people still haven't grasped that IT'S THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

Oh and :lolol:

Maybe they're hoping that the rollercoaster will take them back up again? I like Flamingoland. It's more Chessington than Thorpe Park, but worth a visit if you're ever up that way.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I would just like the word Express to be centred - iron on transfers appeart to be the thing now for most team but come on guys

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would just like the word Express to be centred - iron on transfers appeart to be the thing now for most team but come on guys

Amex don't have a central justified logo in their brand guidelines from what I can tell. Interestingly they don't seem to have the left justified one that we use either. They all seem to be like this...

American_Express_logo.svg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here