Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holiday- Would you go?????

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Following on from the tragic events in Tunisia and the Foreign Office's advise not to go, I was wondering how many people would still go on holiday to any country facing uncertainty in the region.

Would you still go to:

Egpyt?
Morocco?
Even Tunisia? ( if you could get a flight from another country)

Then there are places like Dubai, Abu Dhabi, etc

No particular reason I asked, just curious to see how its put people off. Personally me and the Family are off to Morocco in a few weeks time and I can't wait!! :)

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
We're yet to book our September holiday and whilst we were never planning on going to Tunisia in the first place, it is now making me have doubts about Egypt, Morocco and even Turkey which were all in play.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally I would go to anywhere near Egypt, Morocco or Tunisia right now. Morocco is a lovely place and I went there a number of years ago but personally it's a risk I would currently not take but each to their own.
Dubai and Abu Dhabi I would not have a problem visiting

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Fair Play, can understand why!

Booked Morocco way back in January and as far as I have read it is a completely different prospect than Tunisia etc. In the fact it is far more stable and much more westernised compared to most.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't considered Egypt for quite a few years now.
Have done Morocco as a winter holiday in the past, but for the last few years have preferred to go to the Carribean.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Fair Play, can understand why!

Booked Morocco way back in January and as far as I have read it is a completely different prospect than Tunisia etc. In the fact it is far more stable and much more westernised compared to most.
That's exactly what they were saying about Tunisia until recently.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
You'll be fine. I know a family of six that went to Morocco recently and only one of them didn't make it back alive. The odds are definitely in your favour, so just enjoy yourselves!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You'd be stupid to go to Tunisia, against Government advice.

Apart from the obvious personal risk, you'd almost certainly have no valid travel insurance.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Egpyt?
Morocco?
Even Tunisia? ( if you could get a flight from another country)

I'd personally say London and Paris are higher risk locations at this moment in time.
Especially this weekend (London).

The only Tourist destinations I'd be wary of visiting right now are Turkey and more so, Cyprus.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I'd personally say London and Paris are higher risk locations at this moment in time.
Especially this weekend (London).

The only Tourist destinations I'd be wary of visiting right now are Turkey and more so, Cyprus.

I understand Turkey, but why more so Cyprus? I know it is shared with Greece and Turkey but there is a strong buffer zone and the two cultures don't mix.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I haven't entertained the idea of Egypt or North Africa for 3 years now.

I have a personal dislike of dubai (it's like disneyland without the class) so wouldn't go there either.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Would certainly have no issue with going to Turkey. Have visited various parts of the country and love the people, food and culture. Have never felt in danger there. Far more secular than the Arab nations.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can't afford it this year ,so a long weekend on the IOW looms should be safe enough.

Don't be so sure. I hear that IWIS (Isle of Wight Isolation State) can get pretty rowdy

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Would certainly have no issue with going to Turkey. Have visited various parts of the country and love the people, food and culture. Have never felt in danger there. Far more secular than the Arab nations.

Agree, I've been four times and it's always been great. The only thing that leaves a nagging feeling is that if it's so easy for people to cross from Turkey into Syria to go join ISIS, how easy is it for one of them to come back the other direction?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here