Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
In what sense is it confusing?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This time last month I was in Sousse, Tunisia. What's happened there since is incredibly sad and upsetting. The resort I stayed at was along the coast from the one attacked by the feckless thug, but it has been forced to close after only being open for 3 months. This is why the country is being attacked, to close resorts and ruin the tourism industry so that there are fewer jobs for locals, and a better chance of being able to convince more young muslim men and women to join ISIS.

The time to go after the extremists is upon us.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This time last month I was in Sousse, Tunisia. What's happened there since is incredibly sad and upsetting. The resort I stayed at was along the coast from the one attacked by the feckless thug, but it has been forced to close after only being open for 3 months. This is why the country is being attacked, to close resorts and ruin the tourism industry so that there are fewer jobs for locals, and a better chance of being able to convince more young muslim men and women to join ISIS.

Tunisia is a prime target for ISIL because it has embraced democracy. I would be tempted to get a multinational force of UN troops in on the ground there to protect it, and put Tunisia on lockdown while we can and before it is too late to do so.

The downside would be that it would draw ISIL in for a fight, the upside would be making them an easier target as they concentrate their forces around Tunisia, and also giving them one too many front to fight on.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
No suggestion of a specific or imminent threat,you can't have it both ways.

Either it's a very sensible warning to prevent further tourist from being involved in another attack that 'may' happen soon, or the intelligence agencies actually know something is imminent and they want people the gtfo. It wouldn't be in their interest to let the terrorist know that they know exactly what they are planning.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

A feckless thug! You need to have another twelve months off again:moo:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Maybe, but surely it has been stated that more recruits for ISIS have come from Tunisia than anywhere else, that was prior to the Tunisia killings at Sousse. That would suggest that it might not be just one feckless thug and that other sympathisers are around. Better to be safe than sorry.
A report a couple of days ago showed the Chinese flag and a few Chinese harassed in Turkey after Ramadan was denounced in China.
Personally i would steer well clear of these countries including Egypt.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
given the FCO normally restrained approach to travel advise, it does seem odd to issue advise to get out of a country, then say they have no specific infomation of a threat. consider that they hadnt done so in the weeks since the attack.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Never happed under Saddam, Gaddafi etc. Maybe we and to some extent the people who lived in those countries were better off with these Dictators.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Never happed under Saddam, Gaddafi etc. Maybe we and to some extent the people who lived in those countries were better off with these Dictators.

Pan Am lockerbie, PC Yvonne Fletcher, Arms shipments to the IRA, training IRA in Libya terrorist camps etc.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
given the FCO normally restrained approach to travel advise, it does seem odd to issue advise to get out of a country, then say they have no specific infomation of a threat. consider that they hadnt done so in the weeks since the attack.

Unless the Government is trying to get something else on the front pages.

God, they've made me such a cynic.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The 62 tourists killed at Luxor in Egypt was before either of those were deposed (1997)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
It isn't hindsight this was predicted by many. Don't forget that Bush and Blair went to war illegally against world wide objections, which is a great advert for democracy. You know, practice what you preach :shrug:

Do you go on about an illeagal war because you think it sounds cool?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here