Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] travel to away games this season

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I like to travel to away games but I also like to get shitfaced so I'm afraid I can't help.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The only transport to away games that can be followed by the word "beers" is the train, so I'm out.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
No drinking, no freedom to go where you want, when you want & the aroma of egg sandwiches & old peoples piss. It's a no from me.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Used the supporters club coach many times last season and it was always a pleasant experience. Especially like the drop off at the Dials for those midweek 3am returns from up north. I hope there is enough interest to keep the service going.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Used the supporters club coach many times last season and it was always a pleasant experience. Especially like the drop off at the Dials for those midweek 3am returns from up north. I hope there is enough interest to keep the service going.

Agreed,

I very possibly used a Supporters' Club coach once, for the Leicester cup game when Jimmy Case got sent off for being deaf.

That the service doesn't suit some, doesn't mean it's been a great help to get numerous people to away games they'd otherwise miss and as such it would be a great shame if the service was discontinued.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Agree 100% with [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] on this one.

Most of the SC coach regulars are amongst the most dedicated Albion fans there are, spending an absolute fortune year in, year out in travelling around the country, following our often rubbish team. I know for a fact that they've also helped out various non-coach using Albion fans over the years, when people have got stuck or stranded miles from home.

Their style of travel may not be to everybody's taste, and that's fine: I daresay most of Liz Costa's crew have no interest in drinking six cans of lager en route to a match either. But they have their way of travelling, as we all do. Frankly, anybody who schleps up to Carlisle or Hartlepool or Middlesbrough on a Tuesday evening in the name of Brighton & Hove Albion deserves our respect.

I know that Liz has struggled a little in recent seasons due to Seagulls Travel being able to undercut her on prices, which has inevitably resulted in the loss of some punters to the ST operation. I'd hate to think any of her regulars would decide to give up away travel if the worst happened and she was unable to run the SC bus any more.

There's something inherently reassuring about turning up at some far flung northern outpost for a midweek evening game in the freezing cold, and seeing the familiar red & cream Brighton & Hove Buses coach pitching up with its regular bunch of diehards. It is, somehow, evidence that life is functioning as it should. Liz is, in her own way, an absolute Albion legend, and I for one really hope economics don't bring an end to the Love Bus. Some traditions are worth keeping.

Agree 100% with [MENTION=12880]Hotchilidog[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] on this one.

Most of the SC coach regulars are amongst the most dedicated Albion fans there are, spending an absolute fortune year in, year out in travelling around the country, following our often rubbish team. I know for a fact that they've also helped out various non-coach using Albion fans over the years, when people have got stuck or stranded miles from home.

Their style of travel may not be to everybody's taste, and that's fine: I daresay most of Liz Costa's crew have no interest in drinking six cans of lager en route to a match either. But they have their way of travelling, as we all do. Frankly, anybody who schleps up to Carlisle or Hartlepool or Middlesbrough on a Tuesday evening in the name of Brighton & Hove Albion deserves our respect.

I know that Liz has struggled a little in recent seasons due to Seagulls Travel being able to undercut her on prices, which has inevitably resulted in the loss of some punters to the ST operation. I'd hate to think any of her regulars would decide to give up away travel if the worst happened and she was unable to run the SC bus any more.

There's something inherently reassuring about turning up at some far flung northern outpost for a midweek evening game in the freezing cold, and seeing the familiar red & cream Brighton & Hove Buses coach pitching up with its regular bunch of diehards. It is, somehow, evidence that life is functioning as it should. Liz is, in her own way, an absolute Albion legend, and I for one really hope economics don't bring an end to the Love Bus. Some traditions are worth keeping.

During the early 70's the supporters club seemed to be alot more popular leaving from st peters church,even had a few removal vans loading up next to the coaches taking the more independent minded fans away!

el punal

During the early 70's the supporters club seemed to be alot more popular leaving from st peters church,even had a few removal vans loading up next to the coaches taking the more independent minded fans away!

In 1972 travelled to Bradford City on the coach with a pal. Oh dear! The atmosphere was akin to a knitting circle day out. On arrival, me and said pal immediately headed for the nearest boozer and consumed 6 or 7 pints of Bradford's finest. Everything was rosy after that even though we lost. In fact it was our last defeat of the season and we eventually were promoted with Aston Villa.

Didn't notice any removal vans though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here