Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LEON Best has left Blackburn Rovers by 'mutual agreeement'.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
LEON Best has left Blackburn Rovers by 'mutual agreeement'.

The striker, who has not played for Rovers since October 2013, had one year remaining on his £30,000-plus per week four-year contract he signed after his £3m move from Newcastle United in July 2012.

A Rovers spokesperson said: "Blackburn Rovers and Leon Best confirm the player’s departure from the club by mutual agreement.

"The club thanks Leon for his work and dedication during his time at Ewood Park and wishes him all the best for the future."

Could do a job? :moo:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Contrary to Blackburn’s positive farewell I really hope that fat, useless, immobile, money grabbing, poor excuse for a footballer finds himself another career he may actually be good at...........like a living statue........

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Would be the ultimate next-season-mojo-killer.

Surely Hughton heard the boos and knows what we think of him.. He wouldn't betray us like that would he? Shirley?

:sick:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Would be the ultimate next-season-mojo-killer.

Surely Hughton heard the boos and knows what we think of him.. He wouldn't betray us like that would he? Shirley?

:sick:
More importantly, he can't have failed to notice that Leon Best is a shit lazy player.

I can only imagine that we had some sort of financial obligation, as part of the loan agreement, to give him game time.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Contrary to Blackburn’s positive farewell I really hope that fat, useless, immobile, money grabbing, poor excuse for a footballer finds himself another career he may actually be good at...........like a living statue........

No one wants him at our club. But fat ?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The mutual agreeement must have been;

Rovers; If you don't **** off we will put you in the Dev squad for the rest of your contract.

Best; If you are still going to make me play football I will offer my resignation.

Rovers; Accepted, goodbye.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The mutual agreeement must have been;

Rovers; If you don't **** off we will put you in the Dev squad for the rest of your contract.

Best; If you are still going to make me play football I will offer my resignation.

Rovers; Accepted, goodbye.

Surely you meant to say 'stand out there for 90 minutes a week', as actually playing football might be slightly beyond him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Championship top scorer this season.

You heard it here first.

Subbuteo? I will boo Hughton and Bloom from the 1st game if he ends up here and do my utmost to get the support of Ernest's MASSIVE ARS in my campaign.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
God no. That is a worrying development. Why have they decided to pay him up now, why has he accepted it? You have to assume he has another offer.

He was on big bucks there, he won't have made an agreement to leave without having something lined up...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here