Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kick-off changes and wasted train fares

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Jump in one, jump in all.

A bit of pressure might work wonders - you never know.

image.jpg

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would love to see a football supporters card. It would entitle somebody going to a game to purchase advance tickets at the best price without time restrictions and any reasonable route. Tickets could be purchased up to say 5 days before a game so it would avoid buying 3 months before to get the best price and then having the game moved for tv.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Quite simply, I can't see the train companies doing anything about this. If they relax the rules for football date changes, they'd open themselves up to demand from anyone who has booked tickets based on an event happening on a certain day and then having it changed for reasons out of their control.

The trade-off of buying cheaper advanced tickets is the rigidity that comes alongside it. The vast majority of our kick-off times during the season won't change, so fans buying advanced tickets will benefit the majority of the time.

From a PR perspective, the majority of people don't see train companies being unreasonable on this issue, so I can't see them wanting to do something to make a statement. In fact given the negative reputation of football fans, they probably want to avoid being seen to make special gestures like that.

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Why are you after the train companies its the club you should go for for taking the big bucks.. After all you are a customer of theirs and its them that changed the date.

Much as I have no love for the train companies I cant see they are responsible.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why are you after the train companies its the club you should go for for taking the big bucks.. After all you are a customer of theirs and its them that changed the date.

Much as I have no love for the train companies I cant see they are responsible.
This.

The clubs are paid ridiculous money by the television companies. Go after them FFS.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here