Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scary video- car filmed driving the WRONG WAY along A23

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I've always been of the opinion that people should have to do a basic test every couple of years to ensure they're fit to drive once they hit a certain age. For argument's sake, 70.

I get that driving is important to their independence but, at the same time, as you get older your eyesight weakens and your reactions, both mentally and physically, start to slow down. That's just how life works.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've always been of the opinion that people should have to do a basic test every couple of years to ensure they're fit to drive once they hit a certain age. For argument's sake, 70.

I get that driving is important to their independence but, at the same time, as you get older your eyesight weakens and your reactions, both mentally and physically, start to slow down. That's just how life works.
I think if you get caught driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway you should immediately have your license revoked and be forced to retake the practical test because it is completely inexcusable.

And how much should we charge pensioners to take this test?

Or should the examiners work for free.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Just reading the write up and it states it was last year !
News doesn't travel fast then does it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps young drivers should also take regular tests, to check they are paying attention to the road, not texting etc..

On my 'you're driving like a knob' points dodging course, the bulk of the room was 30-50 years old, and there were no kidz.
According to the bloke in charge, that was the norm.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
I think if you get caught driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway you should immediately have your license revoked and be forced to retake the practical test because it is completely inexcusable.

Do something like this it is completely inexcusable. Should be banned for life! Why should someone who does this have another opportunity to kill someone by being allowed to drive again!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here