Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Public Transport. Huh!!!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Arranged to visit visit friends in Swansea a few months ago and booked return reserved seats with First Great Western.

Now, a strike is starting at 6.30pm tonight until Saturday. We were travelling on Friday when they are offering a very limited service to Cardiff with very few trains, if any, going on to Swansea. Oh, and reserved seats have been withdrawn.

And why? A dispute about new trains going into service in 1917/18!!!

So, by car now, which if raining I will hate, and the hassle of getting a refund which FGW have said we are entitled to.

Great way to get people off the roads..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There is always National Express, (change at Heathrow Airport), l know it will take longer than the train, and means going by road . . . but at least you won't have to drive.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
There is always National Express, (change at Heathrow Airport), l know it will take longer than the train, and means going by road . . . but at least you won't have to drive.

Thanks, my sister said the same. Gone on line, sold out, probably due to the strike!!! Bah!!!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Arranged to visit visit friends in Swansea a few months ago and booked return reserved seats with First Great Western.

Now, a strike is starting at 6.30pm tonight until Saturday. We were travelling on Friday when they are offering a very limited service to Cardiff with very few trains, if any, going on to Swansea. Oh, and reserved seats have been withdrawn.

And why? A dispute about new trains going into service in 1917/18!!!

So, by car now, which if raining I will hate, and the hassle of getting a refund which FGW have said we are entitled to.

Great way to get people off the roads..

Railway companies, they as SO last century..:lol:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just had an email from First Great Western telling me to have a great journey tomorrow!!! Enjoy the food and drink on train etc.. Unbelievable as the b****y train isn't running and I've got to drive!!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
That's why i have always disliked public transport, Your always dependant on other people /services.
I only ever use its as a last resort if no other alternative.
Hope it don't stop you enjoying your weekend.

Currently on the 8.15 Paddington train to Cardiff, busy but actually reservations in place and pretty well organised.

I have sympathy for striking when justified (the tube strike for example sounds reasonable enough), but FGW staff are striking because the new trains won't have a buffet car and won't require a guard at every single station to close all of the doors, like pretty much every other train service in the country. Absolutely ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here