Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Professional Tennis Players

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I appreciate that they are 'in the zone' when playing a match, but does this preclude them from showing a modicum of civility towards the boys and girls who run around supplying them with drinks and towels etc. throughout. Most seem to treat them as something unpleasant they'd find on the soles of their Dunlop Green Flash trainers.

The ball girl should have just lobbed his towel on the floor.

Like this one did to Ronaldo, albeit not a towel and a different sport.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The whole towel thing really pisses me off about tennis. It would be totally unacceptable in any other sport, but tennis players seem to have to towel their face down after every point. Then they throw the sweaty towel at some poor kid, it is disgusting. Imagine any other sportsman stopping the match to towel themselves down? It just would not happen or be allowed.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I feel I should point out the aussie player Sam Groth, who was saying please and thank you to the ball boys/girls at every opportunity during his matches last week.

On the other side, you've got Nick Kyrgios, also an aussie, who gives every impression of being a monumental CJTC and then blames it all on his 'passion', rather than having the emotional maturity of a 6 year old.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
It's OK, it will all be over in a few days then we can all stop pretending to be tennis experts (until next year).

This isn't a dig at the OP more people who don't follow a specific sport but always seem to know everything when Wimbledon or a World Cup is on.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
It's OK, it will all be over in a few days then we can all stop pretending to be tennis experts (until next year).

This isn't a dig at the OP more people who don't follow a specific sport but always seem to know everything when Wimbledon or a World Cup is on.

The Ashes have only just started so we are due a few more weeks of it.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The Ashes have only just started so we are due a few more weeks of it.

Great! I can't wait for the 'banter' and 'analysis' to start. Roll on August. I think I might just kick my cat and start a Bobby Zamora thread for shits and giggles.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Do you watch every football tournament? The German cup?
What about people who are only interested in the Championship?
What about if you don't watch the European indoor athletics tournament but watch the Olympics?

Who gives a flying **** which tournaments people watch. Wimbledon coverage gives us a great chance to watch inside-out possibly the best tennis tournament in the world. Enjoy your sport and let others enjoy theirs.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Do you watch every football tournament? The German cup?
What about people who are only interested in the Championship?
What about if you don't watch the European indoor athletics tournament but watch the Olympics?

Who gives a flying **** which tournaments people watch. Wimbledon coverage gives us a great chance to watch inside-out possibly the best tennis tournament in the world. Enjoy your sport and let others enjoy theirs.

Sounds like you are really enjoying the summer yelling 'c'mon Tim' every time Andy Murray wins a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here