Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] First Ashes Test - England v Australia - Cardiff

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England Squad: AN Cook*, MM Ali, JM Anderson, GS Ballance, IR Bell, SCJ Broad, JC Buttler†, ST Finn, A Lyth, AU Rashid, JE Root, BA Stokes, MA Wood

Australia Squad: MJ Clarke*, SPD Smith, Fawad Ahmed, BJ Haddin†, JR Hazlewood, MG Johnson, NM Lyon, MR Marsh, SE Marsh, PM Nevill†, CJL Rogers, PM Siddle, MA Starc, AC Voges, DA Warner, SR Watson

The weather looks overcast this morning... perhaps not a great day for batting?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
England Squad: AN Cook*, MM Ali, JM Anderson, GS Ballance, IR Bell, SCJ Broad, JC Buttler†, ST Finn, A Lyth, AU Rashid, JE Root, BA Stokes, MA Wood

Australia Squad: MJ Clarke*, SPD Smith, Fawad Ahmed, BJ Haddin†, JR Hazlewood, MG Johnson, NM Lyon, MR Marsh, SE Marsh, PM Nevill†, CJL Rogers, PM Siddle, MA Starc, AC Voges, DA Warner, SR Watson

The weather looks overcast this morning... perhaps not a great day for batting?

I would bowl today.

Rashid and Finn to carry the drinks?

I suspect so - the only slight doubt in my mind is that Bayliss obviously isn't entirely convinced by Ali, and obviously likes what he's seen of Rashid (why else pick him after not taking him on the team-building trip?). Plus, if whichever of them plays is going to bat at 8 I think Ali's much better batting becomes less of a factor. If they can't trust Ali to hold down an end (and based on his recent form, they can't) then why not try Rashid?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Can't wait, I will be the only red and white shirt amongst a sea of green and gold at the bar, getting flack from all directions!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can't wait, I will be the only red and white shirt amongst a sea of green and gold at the bar, getting flack from all directions!

It's a test match, you should all be in whites.

Poor effort if this is supposed to be an official thread, where are the ASTERISKS?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I would bowl today.

Ditto. If we bat first I can see us being 78-4 at lunch, I know its against normal conventions but if we bowl first we might just take the sting out of their batting and restrict them to 250 ish.

If we bat I can see the Mitchells ripping us to pieces and putting down a marker for the series. Anderson and Broad have both seen their best days and there is not much at first change to worry the Aussies.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

I've got 2 brothers that live in Perth,they reckon the place is flooded with Brits,where are they all?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England won the toss and elected to bat.

It's going to be an exciting first session!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Eng win toss and bat

Damn you [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] - I thought I was quick :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England unchanged from last NZ Test... as expected, Finn and Rashid miss out.

Rogers and Watson in for Australia... Dad's Army out in full force :)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
England: AN Cook*, A Lyth, GS Ballance, IR Bell, JE Root, BA Stokes, JC Buttler†, MM Ali, SCJ Broad, MA Wood, JM Anderson

Australia: DA Warner, CJL Rogers, SPD Smith, MJ Clarke*, AC Voges, SR Watson, BJ Haddin†, MG Johnson, MA Starc, JR Hazlewood, NM Lyon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here