Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are cyclists a different breed to the rest of us?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Do they actually think when they put on their skintight clobber that the rules of cycle paths don't apply to them?
Do they actually think they look like old cheating Lance?
Would they really rather go under the wheels of a bus then move two foot across to a path?
Are they actually a different breed to the rest of us..?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
image.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I suspect Wrong Direction won't get many bites. His schtick is nearly as old as Ernest's, plus the Geeks have learnt not to feed this troll.

Er I'm not trolling I'm deadly serious thanks

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Just taken up cycling myself at the ripe old age of 47.

The mere fact it irritates young ones like Wrong Direction pleases me greatly.

Totally with you Hillian - I'm nearly 70, still cycling - apart from all the other advantages , I get in and out of the Amex much more speedily than any of the other methods of transport. I have given up on the lycra now though - I prefer more comfy tracky bottoms!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
These threads are frustrating as you come across alright the rest of the time!

What are these rules of cycle paths of which you speak?

Do they actually think when they put on their skintight clobber that the rules of cycle paths don't apply to them?
Would they really rather go under the wheels of a bus then move two foot across to a path?

I suspect Wrong Direction won't get many bites. His schtick is nearly as old as Ernest's, plus the Geeks have learnt not to feed this troll.

Ooops, apologies!

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012

I had a near miss with a van yesterday. Grrrr, are van drivers a different breed from the rest of us? With their vans and ummm, sunglasses and copies of the Sun.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll admit to not being a fan of the lycra-clad brigade either, having to avoid them repeatedly on the pavements of Worthing when I am out running.

I know they'll be a very small minority of cyclists, but I'm happy to hate them all as a whole. It's easier than trying to segment them into distinct groups.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes, especially here.
I think it's just an excuse to wear Lycra, or the law.
I walked past a small cafe in a village over here and saw five blokes clad in cycling Lycra sitting round a table, though I could only see one bike outside?
Groupies?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here