Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

top half finish?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
It's 11/10 with betvictor. I think it's a shoe in. We will sign another 3-5 fairly decent and probably foreign players and will finish 8th or above imo. Thoughts?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Reckon about 18th with our current squad...no pace or goals in the current squad to be frank.
Another long 1 goal a game season....the club are to obsessed with dire defensive football.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
At present, we are around 15th - 18th in my opinion. As far as goals conceded goes, we had the 7th best defence last season which I believe has been improved with some quality signings. But I believe in order to finish in the top half, you need to score goals. Norwich scored double the amount of goals than we did last season as did Watford, however, B-Muff scored 54 (Fifty four) (cinquante quatre) (viisikymmentäneljä) more goals than us in the league alone! Hemed is a great signing but we'll need another 3-5 quality attack minded players in a new system to get into the top half.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we wont finish in the top 6 still missing 3 or 4 quality players if we are to challenge for top 6 still need a couple of big name signings so other clubs think brighton mean buisness this season

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst I'm pleased with the defensive signings we haven't brought in anyone that will elevate us from mid-table to promotion contenders. We've a minimum two decent attacking players away, plus a centre back.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
with the squad as it stands I would imagine a mid table finish at best. To make the leap to the next stage we need to add, as others have mentioned, pace and trickery in forward areas, Iranian Ali and Murphy would have been good but if, as we suspect, these are dead then similar types are needed. I have no doubt these types will be signed, just remains to be seen who they are.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
sir albion;6986787.no pace or goals in the current squad to be frank. Another long 1 goal a game season..[U said:
.the club are to obsessed with dire defensive football[/U].

So they should be, get the defence right and goals will come. Last season our defence kept us up.

Provided we do not concede any goals that will be fine. 40 clean sheets will see us through to the play offs.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
with our current squad I'd also go 15th to 18th.

Would love a few in this week before we start smashing loads in pre season and everything forgets the urgency .

3/4 attacking minded players needed of a high standard

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'd be happy with mid table this season and then fine tune things the following summer for a more likely push for the play offs in 2016/17.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't recall seeing any of our new signings play. Everyone raved about the dross we bought a few games into the season last year...until we saw them play. I'll withhold judgement and we will certainly need more quality players with pace to have any chance of finishing in the top half IMO. We are nowhere near there yet I hope.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I can't recall seeing any of our new signings play. Everyone raved about the dross we bought a few games into the season last year...until we saw them play. I'll withhold judgement and we will certainly need more quality players with pace to have any chance of finishing in the top half IMO. We are nowhere near there yet I hope.

Probably right, although we did have a shit manager for the first half of last season too......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Probably right, although we did have a shit manager for the first half of last season too......

Shame the management didn't agree. I remember Paul Barber saying we could have won every game not long before Hyypia walked.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Based on the second half of the season, the manager didn't get much better!

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I'll probably be labeled a bedwetter but at the moment I don't think there are many teams that have worse squads than us as we couldn't score or create chances last season and the lack of creativity hasn't been addressed yet. Once we sign an attacking midfielder and a winger, I'll start feeling a bit more optimistic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here