Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LUL Tube Strike

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Fascist bully boys with no redeeming features whatsoever. I hold them in absolute contempt.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Fascist bully boys with no redeeming features whatsoever. I hold them in absolute contempt.

I may be wrong and misinterpreted the article but it seems that drivers and other staff are being asked to work nights on certain lines, not increasing the number of hours worked but changing the shift pattern to include these all night shifts. If this is the case I wouldn't work nights for a 2% pay rise and a one off £2000 so I agree with them for fighting for a better deal. If I've got it all wrong then I am just a dunce!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is this affecting trains? Southern ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
100% disagree with you in this case, would you like to work night shifts without being paid for it?

They aren't getting paid? Working for free?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

You don't specify, but I take it you mean the employers, in which case I agree.

Four different unions are involved in the strike action, so it appears that the workers are in accord with you too.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Out of interest, if your employer suddenly forced you to work nights for an extra tenner a week would you doff your cap and say 'Anything you say my Lord' ? Because if you did you'd be f**king stupid.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, if you're employer suddenly forced you to work nights for an extra tenner a week would you doff your cap and say 'Anything you say my Lord' ? Because if you did you'd be f**king stupid.

I'm usually against the miltants, but agree with them this time.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yes they should know their place and be happy to have a job in the first place , who on earth do they think they are ? they should just accept whatever the management want them to do :facepalm:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Out of interest, if your employer suddenly forced you to work nights for an extra tenner a week would you doff your cap and say 'Anything you say my Lord' ? Because if you did you'd be f**king stupid.

I don't have an employer. Worked for myself for decades. Frequently did all-nighters for no extra money. They may well have a case this time but the endless sense of entitlement of the public sector and ex-public sector unions just wears me down sometimes.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i had sympathy for this strike originally. but its not £500, the deal on offer is 2% and £2k. for two nights. im less sympathetic.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't have an employer. Worked for myself for decades. Frequently did all-nighters for no extra money. They may well have a case this time but the endless sense of entitlement of the public sector and ex-public sector unions just wears me down sometimes.

But that's YOUR business you're working hard for and also your choice. So the beneficiary of your hard work is you.

i had sympathy for this strike originally. but its not £500, the deal on offer is 2% and £2k. for two nights. im less sympathetic.

It's a one off £2k ( just over a grand after tax and NI ) and an extra tenner a week. Would YOU switch two days for two night for that ? As someone that has done that shift pattern it's actually doing the two nights that does you in - five nights is actually much easier. Regardless, this is also being forced upon them and includes working nights over the weekend. I struggle to believe anyone on here would actually happily accept that change to their own working conditions if it was forced upon them.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This isn't, but Southern engineers are due to strike next week. Whilst officially things will be 'normal', expect carnage as unexpected faults happen........

http://www.southernrailway.com/sout...mt-industrial-action-on-the-southern-network/

The problems will happen when a train arrives at a terminus with a minor fault that the fitters can fix in a few minutes and away we go with usually hardly any delay caused, no fitter the train will arrive and there it will stop thus causing blockages to platforms. Also units will be recalled to the depot when they're out of mileage and with nobody to service them they will stay there so it has a chance that it will be chaotic if it takes place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here