Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alien Life On Philae Comet

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
neither Rosetta nor its lander probe, Philae, are equipped to search for direct evidence of life

so not very unequivocal then, just speculation from indirect observation of something they dont have explanation for (not probably want to).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Or a couple of regularly dismissed scientists having their latest "look at me" moment....

http://m.snopes.com/2015/07/06/alien-life-philae-comet/

Funniest Philae moment by a country light year was when that too-cool-for-school scientist was spotted wearing a 'sexist' shirt and brought the wrath of all of hyper-right-on Kalifornia down on his head :lolol:

awbm4x8_700b.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Mrs just rushed off in the car to tesco's muttering about just how many packs of tin foil they might have :lolol:

seriously this is very interesting

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The real question here is: How long before they turn up in the UK and request Asylum?
Well, if I read the article correctly, and their home comet is hurtling towards the sun at 73,000 mph, you'd have to feel a bit sympathetic to the idea that they might like to stop off here.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Worth investigating, but I think it has a way to go before it reaches "interesting"

but has just a little of the "Soylant Green" about it though, and a bit creepy like Sidney Greenstreet

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
but has just a little of the "Soylant Green" about it though, and a bit creepy like Sidney Greenstreet

Those references completely pass me by, unfortunately. The "findings" are definately worth following up, I'm pretty sure there is life up there, it's just that these claims from one scientist are far from "unequivocal". I think we've heard that before about the so-called "microbes" on the meteorite that made a bit of a muffin of Bill Clinton. I'm not getting the welcome mat out for the LGM just yet.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Those references completely pass me by, unfortunately. The "findings" are definately worth following up, I'm pretty sure there is life up there, it's just that these claims from one scientist are far from "unequivocal". I think we've heard that before about the so-called "microbes" on the meteorite that made a bit of a muffin of Bill Clinton. I'm not getting the welcome mat out for the LGM just yet.

Soylant Green = film about late 60s Charlton Heston and Sidney Greenstreet
food soylant green fed to the masses cannot remember the plot to well as it was a well shite film
and yes with as many planets out there as there are I am sure there is life
the "sky at night" chappy once said that somewhere in the universe there is someone/ thing looking at a screen watching a programme about outer space and wondering is there anyone out there.
the scary thing is they might already be here?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Soylant Green = film about late 60s Charlton Heston and Sidney Greenstreet
food soylant green fed to the masses cannot remember the plot to well as it was a well shite film
and yes with as many planets out there as there are I am sure there is life
the "sky at night" chappy once said that somewhere in the universe there is someone/ thing looking at a screen watching a programme about outer space and wondering is there anyone out there.
the scary thing is they might already be here?

They are. NSC is primarily used by alien life forms.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The real question here is: How long before they turn up in the UK and request Asylum?

And why shouldn't they, they have relatives here as you know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here