Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who will be in goal for the Albion on the opening day of the season?

Who will be in goal for the Albion on the opening day of the season?

• David Stockdale

Votes: 69 75.0%
  • Niki Mäenpää

Votes: 23 25.0%

• Total voters

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Whoever is better in training and pre-season games.

Without seeing any of the new keeper it is impossible to make any judgement.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
We've been chasing Maenpaa for sometime. I doubt we have bought him in to sit on the bench. Well hopefully not anyway, I have no confidence in Stockdale

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Maenpaa..... he isn't here to be 2nd choice keeper and wouldn't have signed if he thought he might be

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You don't sign an international goalkeeper and keep him on the bench. Maenpaa probably won't start the season as number one, but Stockdale can't afford to make many mistakes this time round.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
You don't sign an international goalkeeper and keep him on the bench. Maenpaa probably won't start the season as number one, but Stockdale can't afford to make many mistakes this time round.

He should not have been allowed to last season either. When Walton came in and was faultless he should of kept his place.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
my understanding is that he has only signed a 1 yr deal efectively though.... ?

With the option for a 2nd if he gets enough game time... dosent sound like a starting 11 player to me... healthy competition yes, Stockdale cannot afford in major errors for sure.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
my understanding is that he has only signed a 1 yr deal efectively though.... ?

With the option for a 2nd if he gets enough game time... dosent sound like a starting 11 player to me... healthy competition yes, Stockdale cannot afford in major errors for sure.

Walton will have had a season's experience out on loan by then.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If Maenpaa has only signed a one year deal then it suggests he's been given no guarantees as to being the no. 1 keeper. It's his job to replace the current incumbent, so with that in mind I'm going to go Stockdale to start the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here