Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora - the silence is deafening .....

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
No news , no comments , no news of him going elsewhere . Presumably we are still an option for him? Hope he doesn't go to another Championship team - that would be quite hurtful .

Does anyone have a sniff of what's going on ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
there is silence because there is no news .......and I doubt there ever will be

but I could of coarse be wrong

SAC

May 21, 2014
BZ and his agent will know, possibly their families too. Anyone else is guessing.

My guess is that his agent is doing his job and trying to see who will pay the most for his services. If he arrives at the Amex it will be either because no one else wanted him or was prepared to pay him what he feels that he is worth. The longer the wait, I suspect, the cheaper that price will be.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
What news are you expecting? His contract finished five days ago so I doubt he is panicking about getting a club just yet.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd be interested what the 'false start' was with a lot of sauces proclaiming his signature was happening, and then as you say the ongoing silence.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Zamora - You'll never hear him coming...

Coz he's not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'd be interested what the 'false start' was with a lot of sauces proclaiming his signature was happening, and then as you say the ongoing silence.

I'm going to hazard a guess, & it is only a guess, that he was going to sign, & then failed his medical.
The club are ethical so haven't broadcast that so it doesn't prejudice him going elsewhere. Pure speculation on my part.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm going to hazard a guess, & it is only a guess, that he was going to sign, & then failed his medical.
The club are ethical so haven't broadcast that so it doesn't prejudice him going elsewhere. Pure speculation on my part.
Yes, that could be possible. Unfortunately I can see that being the sort of rumour that becomes fact sadly, regardless of the reality.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, that could be possible. Unfortunately I can see that being the sort of rumour that becomes fact sadly, regardless of the reality.

Two clues - seagullwedgee & JamtheMan are both reliable, so there was definitely something in it. Then it all went cold.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Two clues - seagullwedgee & JamtheMan are both reliable, so there was definitely something in it. Then it all went cold.
And EDS Amy, who doesn't make things up.

If it is a medical issue I hope it can be resolved with further tests.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Hughton interview in which he refused to pour water on the Zamora rumour came a while after the ITK crowd got cold feet. I realise the club are not meant to comment one way or the other but with a player like Bobby being tipped to be in talks with us by papers such as the Mirror; I would have thought they'd rule it out. Whether Bobby has the fitness to get another professional contract is anyone's guess.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Get well soon Bobby :down:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I realise the club are not meant to comment one way or the other but with a player like Bobby being tipped to be in talks with us by papers such as the Mirror; I would have thought they'd rule it out.

The club NEVER comment on rumours and speculation, either to confirm or deny (because, of course, once you have denied one rumour, the club has to start denying EVERY rumour otherwise it becomes "Well, they haven't denied THIS story like they did the Zamora story").

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No news , no comments , no news of him going elsewhere . Presumably we are still an option for him? Hope he doesn't go to another Championship team - that would be quite hurtful .

Does anyone have a sniff of what's going on ?

Nothing

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here