Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halford sings for Rotherham

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Would have been a half decent utility sub IMHO.
Can't imagine he would demand a high wage.
Perhaps we've got better lined up?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Greg Halford was an average Championship defender last season, but if we are serious about trying to make the play-offs again, we will have to sign better than just average players.

I'm sure that we can do better.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I'll get me coat....

getmecoat.gif

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am quite encouraged we have not made a move for Halford who I thought did ok for us.

Hopefully suggests we are looking for a centre half with a yard of pace :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Rotherham seem to be splashing a bit of cash about , Ledesma, Collins from Forest and Halford now, Buxton from Sheff Weds and already singed Mattock and White from Leeds

Lots of defenders too! Collins, Buxton, Halford and Thorpe (who was released by Man U) are all centre backs and White and Mattock play left back.

As for Halford, if we're only signing one centre back, then I don't want to sign him. If he'd come in as back up with Greer to a new centre back and Dunk, that would have been okay (especially as he's versatile) but we need better as first choice. Thought he was great initially (that game at Fulham he was superb) but lost his way in the last couple of months as many players did. Will be happy if we give a youngster like Rea or Dallison a chance as fourth choice centre back rather than signing Halford.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
It's almost as if we singed players last season as stop gaps to get us through to the end of the season, knowing they'd do a job as a short term option but not as a permanent one...

Ledesma, Carayol, Halford, Best (thank Christ) etc did a job (ish) but were never serious transfer targets. At least that's my hope.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It's just a song, you guys need to chill out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's almost as if we singed players last season as stop gaps to get us through to the end of the season, knowing they'd do a job as a short term option but not as a permanent one...

Ledesma, Carayol, Halford, Best (thank Christ) etc did a job (ish) but were never serious transfer targets. At least that's my hope.

I think that's exactly what we did do!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here