Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The impossible bet!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I've tried for years (well 3 years) to name the winners of all four divisions, it's difficult but profitable if you can get it right. For example, an accumulator on the four favourites pays 696/1 (Chelsea 8/5, Derby 13/2, Sheffield United 11/2, Portsmouth 9/2 all @Corals).

So who would you back for the titles this year?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've tried for years (well 3 years) to name the winners of all four divisions, it's difficult but profitable if you can get it right. For example, an accumulator on the four favourites pays 696/1 (Chelsea 8/5, Derby 13/2, Sheffield United 11/2, Portsmouth 9/2 all @Corals).

So who would you back for the titles this year?

Do it as an e/w yankee that way you will get your money back or should at least have a chance !! Not sure if you are allowed a lucky 15 on the divisions though thats better.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Wouldn't be backing anyone at the moment, still a lot of transfer dealings to be completed, although Derby seem to have already done good business.

On what basis are Pompey #twats favourites for div 2? They have been pretty average the last couple of seasons, and looked to be heading for relegation at one point last season. Losing Jed Wallace will hurt too.

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
As ENREST points out, it's probably a couple of weeks too early just yet, but my gut feeling is Man United, Wolves, Sheff United and #twats

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wouldn't be backing anyone at the moment, still a lot of transfer dealings to be completed, although Derby seem to have already done good business.

On what basis are Pompey #twats favourites for div 2? They have been pretty average the last couple of seasons, and looked to be heading for relegation at one point last season. Losing Jed Wallace will hurt too.
Best fans in the world?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
E/W terms are not great

1-2 1/3
1-2-3 1/4
1-2-3 1/4
1-2-3 1/4

You'd do better having a separate bet on the teams to be promoted and going win only on the outright market.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

They are the mug punters selection of choice in that division that is why.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I reckon Pompey are favourites for L2 because they have the most amount of fans in that division, meaning the most amount of bets. Odds are not simply a reflection of how likely the team is to win the division.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bizarrely I did my annual football bet on the outright winners at lunch time today.

Chelsea
Derby
Wigan
Luton

2080/1 with Sky Bet.

Apologies in advance to those teams for their dismal performance throughout the 2015/16 season.

One thing that did shock me is that we're as short as 18s with some firms.......why!?!?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I think it was 3 years ago that I got all 4 of the top scorers. Van Persie, Lambert, Rhodes and Mcleod. About 10,000/1. very nice.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Bizarrely I did my annual football bet on the outright winners at lunch time today.

Chelsea
Derby
Wigan
Luton

2080/1 with Sky Bet.

Apologies in advance to those teams for their dismal performance throughout the 2015/16 season.

One thing that did shock me is that we're as short as 18s with some firms.......why!?!?

Wigan is a good call

Prem not sure yet

Derby - Co
Wigan - Ath
Plymouth

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Sheffield United always favourites in League 1 but maybe Atkins will be the difference this year ?

League 2 is impossible to call , IMO

Let me help, Oxford United, good finish, good buys, new investor

Chelsea
Derby
Bury
Oxford

Better do it now or its Beachy Head if they hit, 100 bags for a score

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Do it as an e/w yankee that way you will get your money back or should at least have a chance !! Not sure if you are allowed a lucky 15 on the divisions though thats better.

Each season I do two Lucky 15's
1/ get promotion Championship, div 1, div 2 and conference
2/ get relegated Premier League, championship, div1 and div2

Never had them all up yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here