Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Silly Rory McIlroy

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If he's actually ruptured it, I can't see that he has any chance of playing The Open, it's next week FFS.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The Nike Curse strikes again ! ....mind you, I bet his dumped wife to be is enjoying this.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is it "silly"? It's just one of those things. He could have done exactly the same whilst out for a run. If he'd broken a leg whilst BASE jumping off the Shard in the middle of the season, then yes, that would be silly. But he was only kicking a ball around with mates by the sound of it. Do we expect the bloke to spend his entire life (when not golfing) sat in front of the TV?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Is it "silly"? It's just one of those things. He could have done exactly the same whilst out for a run. If he'd broken a leg whilst BASE jumping off the Shard in the middle of the season, then yes, that would be silly. But he was only kicking a ball around with mates by the sound of it. Do we expect the bloke to spend his entire life (when not golfing) sat in front of the TV?

No, you are quite right. Just means that there is now a higher chance that a nasty American chap may win The Open.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He will not be playing...That game of footy has just cost him a fortune

Perhaps we should set up a Just Giving page to raise some much-needed money for him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Young man plays a game of football......can't see anything silly in that. If anything, that's how the world should be. OK, he'll lose out on some money but he's not exactly struggling to get by on a minimum wage, or to pay back a student loan, is he?

PS. Don't footballers sometimes play golf? Very silly of them - they could lose an eye if they got in the way of one of those shots!

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Ruptures ankle ligaments playing football and out of the Open

2015-07-06-19-51-20-786265557.jpeg

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Well that pretty much shows us then that golfers cannot be classed as sportsman then. A little kick about in real sport takes him out!!!
But in all seriousness, I very much doubt that he did anything other than be on the end of a freak injury.
Although I do question his sanity in dumping Caroline Wozniaki!!

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I really doubt the cash issue is that important to him. I would imagine the lack of prestige and ratings are however. Can't blame him for having a kickabout, if that's the case we're all 'silly' surely?

I don't blame him...was just stating a fact. You are right though that the ranking points and removal of the chance to win another major in his prime years will impact his potential legacy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here