Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A personal update from me - depression (update post #141)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Hi all, I've been debating today whether or not to post this on here but came to the conclusion in the end that I would.

As some of you may remember I used to post a lot on here a good few years ago, yes mainly dribble and crap, but recently I've been more of a viewer and averaging less than 10 posts per month I'd guess.

one of the main reasons for this is due to my passion for football pretty much being non existent since moving away from the north to try and start a fresh life on my own. Things were okay to start with but I soon came to learn that I couldn't handle being alone as it was driving me insane and I started to pass more of my depressive feelings on to my other half. Things in the past week for me have completely turned my life upside down and made me feel so low and to the point of not wanting to carry on anymore, so currently back up north at the parents. This morning I attempted to take an overdose but my mum found me and managed to stop me a quarter of the way through the amount of tablets that I had infront of me. There's a long road to recovery ahead I know.

yes I know this sounds attention seeking etc. but over the years I've made friends with numerous people on here so wanted to give them an update on how I am. If this thread is not suitable then mods can remove

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I don't know the first thing about depression, but thank god you're shite at taking an overdose. Sorry for joking. Sounds like you've got a loving family supporting you.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jan 3, 2012
I think most people on here will be on your side.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There does seem to be a lot of this about. Get well soon.

PS. I wouldn't worry about posting drivel and crap on here - everyone else does it as well.

theboybilly

I too know nothing of depression, certainly not enough to judge. I hope things start looking up for you soon. I'm a firm believer in things always turning out for the best....that's the nearest you'll get to a cliche from me. Stay positive...please.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry to hear your difficulties. Really hope you get through everything and get back down to The Amex sooner rather than later.

Good luck.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
You are not attention seeking - it is good to communicate and it doesn't matter how you do that. So posting on here is a good thing. I have had some struggles over last 18 months or so and have found some real benefits from telephone counselling- just great to talk to some one who is independent from your own life.
Keep communicating don't be alone. My thoughts are with you .

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I've been there. It's not an easy path but it sounds like you have good support to help you through it.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Two positives here already. You are with your family and you are able to share your problems with others.
Try and stay positive, keep talking and be secure in the knowledge that more people care about you than you can imagine right now.
My advice, for what it's worth, is to seek professional help and to keep yourself busy.
Take care.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Depression is a ****. Life is always worth living mate. I wish you all the best.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I know from my job there are loads of people in the same boat. By posting on here shows you want to move forward, you need to take the support of your family along with the professional help available and I'm sure your situation will improve. Keep positive and talk to someone when you're feeling down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fortunately depression has as yet never visited me however feel our love brother and reach out if you need to, we can all lend a helping hand and it is only a PM away.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Hi! Someone very close to me suffered with depression and it was only the Samaritans that saved her.
Keep talking and life is always worth living cause u don't know what happiness is round the corner.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Opening up is good fella. Afraid I've seen a lot of depression in the family over the last few years (including someone very close taking their own life) so I know what a horrible, destructive, misunderstood illness it can be. Can't offer you anything practical, but you're not alone and there's a lot of help available - don't be afraid to take it. Wishing you all the best.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've always enjoyed your posts in the past and I hope I shall do in the future, too. Your dad comes across as a good guy on here. Stick in there and look to the future not to the past.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I wish u well had a really bad run also with my sons cancer ,losing my dad plus other stuff going on it's been a long five years on the happy pills and talking to a counseller no shame it does help it is a long road but one I hope worth taking , good luck my friend never give in

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Keep talking, keep communicating, keep doing whatever you need to to keep your head above water. We can't all be there for you all the time but there are enough of us for someone to be around when you need us. Keep in touch, keep yourself as your best friend until someone else takes over. If you can rely on yourself, rely on us, and rely on a few others as time goes by you'll manage this better than you might think is possible at the moment. One day at a time - stay strong.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Is there such a thing as depression ?
Personally I'd say it's more a case of anxiety although I'm certainly no expert.
Unless you give Sir Doctor Albion more info on why you're depressed then we can work from there me old mucker roooo...
Death in the family
Insecurities within yourself
Traumatised from past events
Split from ex
Etc etc

Sometimes life pushes you to the extreme and there seems no way out,but certainly for most it's the start of a new beginning.
Very glad you're still with us :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here