Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Song For Jenny

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Quite surprised nobody else has posted anything about this. Sat down to do some stuff on the laptop, but have become totally captivated.

Harrowing, wonderfully done, and so clearly true in the little details of how life goes on - the interest of the little boy in how Jenny died, the kindness of the cab driver who took her back to Reading, and other things.

Immensely Human.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My wife sobbed all the way through.

Bit close to home as I was in London that day and as the " power surge" story wa being put about, my mate called me to say they were bombs...I phone my wife's school to say their had been bombings, but I was absolutely fine and would try and get home as soon as possible. The stupid woman who took the call saw my wife and told her the there had been an explosion in London and she want sure if I was ok or not! Of course she couldn't call me as all the mobiles went dead.

I managed to get through to her around 4 o'clock and she was absolutely frantic with worry.

Brilliant acting and extremely powerful if uncomfortable watching. Bbc at its best.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I was in Russell Square that morning - in the office before it all started coming
through. Harrowing and surreal day.

Someone I knew died in the bombings. Terribly sad day.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I watched it too. The return of the watch to Jenny's mother was difficult viewing. It showed the time the bomb went off 8.50. I too was in London that day, coming down from Leeds and getting to Kings Cross at 9am. Scenes of utter confusion. Couldnt reach my wife as mobile networks were overwhelmed. Very worrying for my wife and colleagues back in Leeds. The BBC at its very best.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My wife sobbed all the way through.

Bit close to home as I was in London that day and as the " power surge" story wa being put about, my mate called me to say they were bombs...I phone my wife's school to say their had been bombings, but I was absolutely fine and would try and get home as soon as possible. The stupid woman who took the call saw my wife and told her the there had been an explosion in London and she want sure if I was ok or not! Of course she couldn't call me as all the mobiles went dead.

I managed to get through to her around 4 o'clock and she was absolutely frantic with worry.

Brilliant acting and extremely powerful if uncomfortable watching. Bbc at its best.

Not quite on the same scale as you, but I was in a meeting all morning (not in London), and almost totally unaware of what had happened. Emerging at lunchtime and hearing the horror, I was well aware that my daughter, who was living at Archway(?) but studying at UCL would normally have been cycling through Russell Square at roughly that time. It was quite a while before we managed to get in touch and ascertain she was alright. Luckily she was going in later that day.

My wife had to deal with a member of staff afterwards who had been on one of the trains in the next carriage to the bomb. He was a trained first-aider so instinctively went to help people. They thought he was over-egging the pudding in terms of his inability to work afterwards. Those feelings gradually dispersed.

And I agree - BBC at its best.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Gave this a swerve and had a bath instead. Always find hearing the 'human' side of these incidents makes dealing with them - both at the time and afterwards - more complicated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here