Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Uni Parking

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
I'm thinking of getting a parking season ticket for next season - does anyone know the approx cost?
Also how long does it generally take to walk to the Amex from the car park and what's it like for getting away from after the game?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
As far as I'm aware you've no chance of uni parking. That is, i think, unless you have a disability. The bridge is your option.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It's £250 for the 23 league games. You have to pay for each cup game separately. It's about a 10 min walk to the ground, depending on which specific car park you get in to. I'd be very surprised if there's any availability for the uni though - the Bridge is more likely.

Jul 7, 2003
We were moved to the Bridge last season. Decided not to renew as it was a nightmare for much of the season - P&R is quicker.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
As far as I'm aware you've no chance of uni parking. That is, i think, unless you have a disability. The bridge is your option.

You were quite right. Spoke to the Albion yesterday and there isn't any availability in Sussex Uni. Most people who had the opportunity to renew did and there was a waiting list for the odd few spaces that did become available.
So The Bridge is the only option, which for me isn't an option.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You were quite right. Spoke to the Albion yesterday and there isn't any availability in Sussex Uni. Most people who had the opportunity to renew did and there was a waiting list for the odd few spaces that did become available.
So The Bridge is the only option, which for me isn't an option.

I even asked if they could find me a space if I went out, this afternoon, and bought a Smart Car.
Anything is preferable to The Bridge.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I don't have a problem with the bridge car park.

For our matchday experience it works fine. Park up an hour before the game walk up have something to eat and drink, watch the game, clap the players off, let the crowds clear form the stand, watch the highlights in the concourse, walk back to the car drive straight out.

Its a bit of a pain on night matches as we want to get away so I'm sad to say for those we sneak out a minute or so before the end to beat the queues at the car park.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
The stewards have given up checking. I'm a student there so can use their car parks but not once was I ever asked for ID last season (and I don't exactly look like a student)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought the Bennett field was for press and visiting dignitaries like it was for the arsenal game?

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought the Bennett field was for press and visiting dignitaries like it was for the arsenal game?

For next season it's being used as Leon Best's helipad.
He doesn't travel on roads, like 'us'.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Its a bit of a pain on night matches as we want to get away so I'm sad to say for those we sneak out a minute or so before the end to beat the queues at the car park.

That is precisely the problem with the bridge. It's too unreliable to count on in the evenings if you've got kids or a postman as a passenger. Usually it's not too bad but it can be a real pain. It depends on the stewards. Sometimes they are clued up, sometimes they are clueless and sometimes they are simply not there.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
That is precisely the problem with the bridge. It's too unreliable to count on in the evenings if you've got kids or a postman as a passenger. Usually it's not too bad but it can be a real pain. It depends on the stewards. Sometimes they are clued up, sometimes they are clueless and sometimes they are simply not there.

I noticed towards the end of last year the stewards actually started getting things organised so it started working, but sadly as you say occasionally a week where they decide to just not bother and it all goes wrong again. We have the same issue having a postman who wants to get home early in the car so we always leave early on night games to ensure a swift getaway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here