Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Javi Castellano

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
Found this article a bit late (2 month) but seems like no ones posted bout him and is on the radar for us.
http://www.udlaspalmas.net/2015/05/06/el-brighton-espio-a-javi-castellano-ante-el-real-valladolid/
Article translates to: A scout followed Brighton & Hove Albion in the match against Real Valladolid to player Javi UD Las Palmas Castilian.

Brighton & Hove Alvion English Championship are interested in the player of the UD Las Palmas Javi Castilian. Yellow midfielder was followed by the scout Daniel Orozco on 26 April at the Estadio de Gran Canaria against Real Valladolid, according to the province / DLP.

Javi Castilian is one of the values ​​of the UD Las Palmas. He has played a total of 3150 minutes in 35 of the 36 rounds played precisely against Valladolid saw his fifth yellow, losing the match against Sabadell-. Last summer several sets First Division were interested in his services, but decided to accept the offer of the Sports Union until June 2017.

Currently, Javi Castilian is in a process of recovery from micorrotura hamstring in his left leg, and is expected next week to train normally with the group.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Do we need another defensive midfielder? Ince, Kayal, Stephens, Crofts & Holla can all play deep. If they are all injured/banned/out of form, we can fill in with Rea, Bruno or JFC. Can we stick to rumours about players who score or create goals please? Thanks a lot.

alexanderhills

Feb 14, 2014
Cuckfield
Do we need another defensive midfielder? Ince, Kayal, Stephens, Crofts & Holla can all play deep. If they are all injured/banned/out of form, we can fill in with Rea, Bruno or JFC. Can we stick to rumours about players who score or create goals please? Thanks a lot.

dont shoot the messnger my friend

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It is just a scout watching a player, he might have had a look and thought him not good enough.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Defensive are important to you know! Or would you rather we only scouted attacking players? How very short sighted of you.

Do you watch the team or follow our results?
We conceded 7 in 13 away games at the end of last season & still nearly got relegated
The only thing we need are GOALSCORERS & we need to spend money not rely on frees to get suitable quality

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you watch the team or follow our results?
We conceded 7 in 13 away games at the end of last season & still nearly got relegated
The only thing we need are GOALSCORERS & we need to spend money not rely on frees to get suitable quality

If you dont concede a goal you dont lose. Any players that can help achieve that are welcome , then we can look at getting forward more to score goals and win games but get the defence right first.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Stephens is not a DM and Crofts is more of an up and down type for me than a holding DM, a position that Kayal could also play.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
If you dont concede a goal you dont lose. Any players that can help achieve that are welcome , then we can look at getting forward more to score goals and win games but get the defence right first.

Absolutely, defence is the foundation of most teams success, get that right first. I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 4-3, in fact after last season, I'd rather just win now and again!!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Stephens is not a DM and Crofts is more of an up and down type for me than a holding DM, a position that Kayal could also play.
What position do you consider Kayal to currently play for us?

Regarding this rumour, I've no problems with us bringing him in if he's better than what we currently have in defensive mid. Looks to have played a decent role for a team that got promoted to La Liga last season so his pedigree's not in doubt. We would start to become overloaded with midfielders (if we aren't already) however, which I fear my thwart the development of the likes of Ince & Rea..

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
What position do you consider Kayal to currently play for us?

Regarding this rumour, I've no problems with us bringing him in if he's better than what we currently have in defensive mid. Looks to have played a decent role for a team that got promoted to La Liga last season so his pedigree's not in doubt. We would start to become overloaded with midfielders (if we aren't already) however, which I fear my thwart the development of the likes of Ince & Rea..

Kayal more DM at the moment with the occasional license to get forward. He actually replaced Holla in the team when he signed and partnered Ince for a spell initially. But to me, I think he has the ability to play a similar up and down role to Crofts and he seemed to get forward more towards the end of the season.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
BK is a gifted footballer who showed glimpses of Vicentesque carries last season. Think Hughton will want to see him box to box with others given more defined roles. And as others have said, if we are going to spend 'big' at all, either in fees/wages, then we need to get that real quality and trickery that can break the deadlock of so many Championsip games. Tex wasn't conistent, but on his day he was fabulously tricky and creative. Bobby Zamora would not be prolific but he would have the class to make things happen when really needed (if fit!)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem with adding to the already overrun 'holding midfield' role and moving the current players around is:-

WHERE IS THE PACE GOING TO COME FROM?

You can push, Stephens, Kayal, Crofts as far forward as you like, they still aren't going past anyone.
All we'll have is 2 or 3 players shooting over from 20 yards instead of 1.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The problem with adding to the already overrun 'holding midfield' role and moving the current players around is:-

WHERE IS THE PACE GOING TO COME FROM?

You can push, Stephens, Kayal, Crofts as far forward as you like, they still aren't going past anyone.
All we'll have is 2 or 3 players shooting over from 20 yards instead of 1.

In Stephens case, I'm not sure it's lack of pace, more lack of a trick.

Agree re the shooting though.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Defensive are important to you know! Or would you rather we only scouted attacking players? How very short sighted of you.

Absolutely, defence is the foundation of most teams success, get that right first. I'd rather win 1-0 than lose 4-3, in fact after last season, I'd rather just win now and again!!

Utter rubbish! I would prefer to be watching a style of play (Norwich & Bournemouth last season) that concedes three goals at home to one of the worst attacking outfits in the division (us) but entertain in almost every match whilst scoring double the amount of goals than the Albion and getting promoted to boot. Last season, the teams that scored the most goals got promoted, this view that you get the defense sorted first is outdated, dull and as Boro proved last season, unsuccessful. You can't get three points if you don't score which we proved time and time again last season with a defense that conceded relatively few goals.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Utter rubbish! I would prefer to be watching a style of play (Norwich & Bournemouth last season) that concedes three goals at home to one of the worst attacking outfits in the division (us) but entertain in almost every match whilst scoring double the amount of goals than the Albion and getting promoted to boot. Last season, the teams that scored the most goals got promoted, this view that you get the defense sorted first is outdated, dull and as Boro proved last season, unsuccessful. You can't get three points if you don't score which we proved time and time again last season with a defense that conceded relatively few goals.

I think it was Man City who many years ago scored more than most in their division, yet also conceded the most and went down, there has to be some balance, we have a half decent defence and a good midfield we just need a 20 goal a season man or even two 10 goal a season men, or just anybody/somebody who can find the net.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think it was Man City who many years ago scored more than most in their division, yet also conceded the most and went down, there has to be some balance, we have a half decent defence and a good midfield we just need a 20 goal a season man or even two 10 goal a season men, or just anybody/somebody who can find the net.

Come on, why is this madness still perpetuating?

We can't score 2 x 10 or 1 x 20 goals if there's no creativity in the opposition half.
Our excellent defense would appear to have been improved.

They now need to prove their worth without the need for holding mildfieldERS and central 'wingers'.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I seem to recall Man City being the only team to score and concede 100 goals in the same season, must have been great entertainment.

Edit.... just check and ◾In 1957-58, Manchester City scored 104 goals and conceded 100 in Division 1, the only occasion that a club has both scored and conceded 100 goals in a league season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Chelsea don't see it like that in big games, neither do successful Italian teams.

I don't care how we win as long as we win, entertainment is a plus (though a welcomed one).

I would prefer 0-0 rather than 3-4.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Still see the issue as one of pace on the ball rather than speed of players............ the quick and accurate ball out of defence...... the incisive through pass from midfield.,......... The crosses to forwards taking a chance on attacking the near post.

We are so measured in our build-up that even a Messi or Ronaldo would struggle to find space and the chance to score

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here