Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dotun Adebayo 5 Live Presenter Nephew at Brighton. Who?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Last night the presenter said this fact. I googled this morning and all I could find was an old tweet saying his nephew would be on air that night (back in 2013) with Gus Poyet. Who was the player?...

Dec 29, 2011
I heard him on air (the nephew) about 2 years ago on the Friday night world football phone-in. I thought at the time he said he had been released by Brighton because he was too short, or something along those lines.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So is it Elijah? Dotun likes getting his family on air. I can't get the u21 squad from the club site.

It isn't Elijah. He commenced his scholarship at Fulham last summer and has been at the Cottagers since the age of 9.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Last night the presenter said this fact. I googled this morning and all I could find was an old tweet saying his nephew would be on air that night (back in 2013) with Gus Poyet. Who was the player?...

I heard him on air (the nephew) about 2 years ago on the Friday night world football phone-in. I thought at the time he said he had been released by Brighton because he was too short, or something along those lines.

I assume the player has to Tobi Adebayo-Rowling. He was in the Albion academy system and his U-16 schoolboy season was 2012-13. In January 2013 he wasn't given one of the 6 scholarships which were handed out, but he and Callum Overton were given an extra 4 weeks to earn one; at the end of February he tweeted that he hadn't been successful.

He joined the academy at Eastbourne Borough. In July 2014 he was at Peterborough United on trial (he went on a tour to Exeter with the U-18 squad). In September they announced that he had joined the club, and in March of this year he signed his first professional contract with them - Young Posh Quartet Commit Future

So, he is now at Posh on a two-year contract.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I assume the player has to Tobi Adebayo-Rowling. He was in the Albion academy system and his U-16 schoolboy season was 2012-13. In January 2013 he wasn't given one of the 6 scholarships which were handed out, but he and Callum Overton were given an extra 4 weeks to earn one; at the end of February he tweeted that he hadn't been successful.

He joined the academy at Eastbourne Borough. In July 2014 he was at Peterborough United on trial (he went on a tour to Exeter with the U-18 squad). In September they announced that he had joined the club, and in March of this year he signed his first professional contract with them - Young Posh Quartet Commit Future

Thanks for tracking that down and answering questions raised during my insomnia. Dotun's point was that Tobi loves playing football rather than wanting to earn a mint. As @Spanish says a talented family indeed. Thanks for following all lines of enquiry NSC. I will now keep an eye for Tobi's progress.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Dotun used to have a very nice reggae show on Radio London and is married to Carroll Thompson, queen of Lovers Rock.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

That's right.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Listen to Dotun a lot and good to hear him on daytime 5Live occasionally. But how did he get an MBE? I'm sure he worked for it but I cant see in what line.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The name Dotun Adebayo just makes me think Downton Abbey.

The name Dotun Adebayo just makes me think of switching the radio off. Possibly one of the worst presenters I have heard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here