Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Americans Don't Know Why They Celebrate 4th of July!

0 Not allowed!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I'm sure we have thicko's in this country also.
      Christmas Day is Santa's birthday right ?
      For Those About To Rock....... We Salute You

0 Not allowed!
      the yanks have very little history compared with Britain (and anyone who uses ANCESTRY will know they are always trying to pinch ours).
      time to re-invade
      neuter and microchip and keep your cats in at night and just in case you lose one of the little buggers
      anyone who loses a cat can contact me by pm.
      ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      To celebrate they're all descendants of a bunch of traitorous farmers isn't it?

1 Not allowed!
      Americans in general are just ignorant of the world around them and their own history.
      I love the place but I wouldn't be surprised if many of the residents weren't aware that there was life outside of their own country.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      Americans in general are just ignorant of the world around them and their own history.
      I love the place but I wouldn't be surprised if many of the residents weren't aware that there was life outside of their own country.
      I work for an American company and some of the yanks are genuinely shocked we don't celebrate July 4th over here

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by glasfryn View Post
      the yanks have very little history compared with Britain (and anyone who uses ANCESTRY will know they are always trying to pinch ours).
      time to re-invade
      Had a lovely weekend in Rhode Island last week, most buildings a good couple of hundred years older than anything in brighton, where we were.
      Pig City

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by reigate View Post
      I work for an American company and some of the yanks are genuinely shocked we don't celebrate July 4th over here
      It's bad enough that we know the date of July 4th. Out here in Firle, we like to think of it being a celebration of the uselessness of the Gage family.

I'm just thankful that hardly anyone in the UK knows the date of Thanksgiving Day.
      не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?
      Just Shut Up and Paddle Saladpack Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Unbelievable. But then again mention of Americans when in the Army used to get the obligatory "All the gear, no idea" or the alternative "All the kit, full of sh**. They called us The Borrowers cos we would "acquire" their kit if we lacked our own or theirs was better than ours (it often was). They did get rather irate when somebody "borrowed" an Armoured Personnel Carrier. failing to appreciate that we were trained to "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome". That did stretch the Special Relationship somewhat, as did my ex-TA mate running the Union Flag up the flagpole of an American Summer Camp on July 4th.....

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saladpack Seagull View Post
      Unbelievable. But then again mention of Americans when in the Army used to get the obligatory "All the gear, no idea" or the alternative "All the kit, full of sh**. They called us The Borrowers cos we would "acquire" their kit if we lacked our own or theirs was better than ours (it often was). They did get rather irate when somebody "borrowed" an Armoured Personnel Carrier. failing to appreciate that we were trained to "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome". That did stretch the Special Relationship somewhat, as did my ex-TA mate running the Union Flag up the flagpole of an American Summer Camp on July 4th.....
      That sounds so familiar of my time in the Air Force, always borrowing stuff off the spams until they go running to their commanding officer about the nasty Brits.
      They can stick the 4th July!
      Go on you know you want to.