Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club and their self importance/arrogance

sterns1901

Jun 25, 2013
5 a side football league that is organised by a local business were all turned away on Thursday at the Amex training ground (community pitch) without any communication or explanation as to why. Turns
Out this was because of the announcement of the new signing. Pretty poor from the club , I do get a sense that the club are up their own arses, no one would have even recognised the guy and to just cancel this regular event for this reason was pathetic . For me it Sums up the club and the sense of self importance/brand unfortunately

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm sure everyone concerned will get over it. Nice to find something to whine about though.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
21291-Joseph+ducreux+cool+story+bro.jpg

sterns1901

Jun 25, 2013
It wasn't so much the inconvience (although this is a business and the owners would be out of pocket) it is more laughable the fact they had
To have lockdown on let's face it a player none of us had heard of. A little bit over the top perhaps?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It wasn't so much the inconvience (although this is a business and the owners would be out of pocket) it is more laughable the fact they had
To have lockdown on let's face it a player none of us had heard of. A little bit over the top perhaps?

Outside, it's very sunny.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
5 a side football league that is organised by a local business were all turned away on Thursday at the Amex training ground (community pitch) without any communication or explanation as to why. Turns
Out this was because of the announcement of the new signing. Pretty poor from the club , I do get a sense that the club are up their own arses, no one would have even recognised the guy and to just cancel this regular event for this reason was pathetic . For me it Sums up the club and the sense of self importance/brand unfortunately

I agree with you. The club must have some contact details with you, and could have rung to explain what was happening.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I guess, for most of us, the fact that the club is signing players - and getting the deals done under the radar until the last minute - is more important than a pub league 5 a side on a Thursday night. It's a professional football club training centre that opens its doors for public use, not a municipal facility.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

A couple of thoughts and questions:

Did you make a complaint to the club, wait for a response and then decide it wasn't good enough so decided to post on here?
How exactly did you find out the reason for being turned away? (you say 'it turns out', which is a little vague)
What other examples do you have of the club's self importance and arrogance that leads you to 'sum' it up this way?

I'm not trying to be a smart arse or club-licker, just seems a bit of a strange rant from a new poster. A bit more detail may give it more perspective. Cheers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Got to go with the OP on this one, if the reason is correct.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
you small
them big

thats it in a nutshell

I suppose you would want to go back to withdean or the archer days! Amazing:facepalm:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Self importance, arrogance and disrespect of those who helped save them through the dark times, particularly a well known local sponsor who has shown faith in the club since Gillingham but now sidelined in favour of corporate billy big b*llocks.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The reason that they cancelled the league games isn't important. Really, it isn't. If the club want to cancel things to announce a new signing, then that's their prerogative.

But the fact that they didn't let anyone know is a bit pathetic, really. I would have been annoyed to turn up for something before finding out that it wasn't happening.

What we have here is failure to communicate.

Not good in 2015.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Self importance, arrogance and disrespect of those who helped save them through the dark times, particularly a well known local sponsor who has shown faith in the club since Gillingham but now sidelined in favour of corporate billy big b*llocks.

Perhaps corporate billy big b*llocks are prepared to pay considerably more than the little old local sponsor. More money = bigger playing budget = happier fans (hopefully).

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
The reason that they cancelled the league games isn't important. Really, it isn't. If the club want to cancel things to announce a new signing, then that's their prerogative.

But the fact that they didn't let anyone know is a bit pathetic, really. I would have been annoyed to turn up for something before finding out that it wasn't happening.

What we have here is failure to communicate.

Not good in 2015.

But he is not complaining that it was cancelled without notice - he is complaining that it was cancelled to sign someone "none of us had heard of".
I detect a whiff of Croydon about this story...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here