Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

The club and their self importance/arrogance

4 Not allowed!
    5 a side football league that is organised by a local business were all turned away on Thursday at the Amex training ground (community pitch) without any communication or explanation as to why. Turns
    Out this was because of the announcement of the new signing. Pretty poor from the club , I do get a sense that the club are up their own arses, no one would have even recognised the guy and to just cancel this regular event for this reason was pathetic . For me it Sums up the club and the sense of self importance/brand unfortunately

• North Stand Chat

advertising

11 Not allowed!
      I'm sure everyone concerned will get over it. Nice to find something to whine about though.
      Crime is a disease. I'm the cure.

6 Not allowed!
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21291-Joseph+ducreux+cool+story+bro.jpg 
Views:	2824 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	66637
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man

1 Not allowed!
      It wasn't so much the inconvience (although this is a business and the owners would be out of pocket) it is more laughable the fact they had
      To have lockdown on let's face it a player none of us had heard of. A little bit over the top perhaps?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sterns1901 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It wasn't so much the inconvience (although this is a business and the owners would be out of pocket) it is more laughable the fact they had
      To have lockdown on let's face it a player none of us had heard of. A little bit over the top perhaps?
      Outside, it's very sunny.
      Crime is a disease. I'm the cure.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nibble View Post
      Outside, it's very sunny.
      Clearly not for everybody.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".

3 Not allowed!
      5 a side football league that is organised by a local business were all turned away on Thursday at the Amex training ground (community pitch) without any communication or explanation as to why. Turns
      Out this was because of the announcement of the new signing. Pretty poor from the club , I do get a sense that the club are up their own arses, no one would have even recognised the guy and to just cancel this regular event for this reason was pathetic . For me it Sums up the club and the sense of self importance/brand unfortunately
      I agree with you. The club must have some contact details with you, and could have rung to explain what was happening.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi

0 Not allowed!
      Did you have a contract?

10 Not allowed!
      I guess, for most of us, the fact that the club is signing players - and getting the deals done under the radar until the last minute - is more important than a pub league 5 a side on a Thursday night. It's a professional football club training centre that opens its doors for public use, not a municipal facility.
      To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal...

5 Not allowed!
      A couple of thoughts and questions:

Did you make a complaint to the club, wait for a response and then decide it wasn't good enough so decided to post on here?
      How exactly did you find out the reason for being turned away? (you say 'it turns out', which is a little vague)
      What other examples do you have of the club's self importance and arrogance that leads you to 'sum' it up this way?

I'm not trying to be a smart arse or club-licker, just seems a bit of a strange rant from a new poster. A bit more detail may give it more perspective. Cheers.