Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Normally starts going tits up for them mid-March so same old I suspect

blueandwhitestripes

Mar 18, 2008
Sussex
Weimann was a very good buy for this division and is still young. With bent and ince joining as well they surely have to start offloading players soon (for cash). I see Martin is being linked with other clubs and I recall Jonny Russell was mentioned on another thread here and maybe both will be moved on?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Good player.
Still young, and can still go to the top.
Needs to get rid of his old man though.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Good player.
Still young, and can still go to the top.
Needs to get rid of his old man though.

Yup, when he's on his game he looks very promising. Seems to have inherited a chip on his shoulder from Paul Ince, the man who was pictured in a Manchester United shirt when still a West Ham player, and can't understand why he is loathed.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The rules have changed. 39m loss over 3 years starts this season.

The 39m over 3 years starts next season; this year's loss has been increased to a max of 13m though.

Besides, transfer fees are spread over the contract of a player as far as accounting loss is concerned.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Are we the only club in the top two divisions that Tom Ince hasn't played for recently?

Will all go tits up for Derby as it always does, so nothing to worry about.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Any they are within FFP how?

The accounts for the 2014/2015 season are up to June 30th. Although Derby have already signed 5 players before Ince became the sixth I would hazard a guess that those contracts didn't become effective until July 1st. The goalposts on FFP have been moved so a club can have a collective loss of £39M over 3 seasons before being penalised so long as they can prove secure owner funding and future financials for the next two seasons ahead. The new rules were decided by a majority of Championship clubs at a FL EGM held last November at the iPro.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Yup, when he's on his game he looks very promising. Seems to have inherited a chip on his shoulder from Paul Ince, the man who was pictured in a Manchester United shirt when still a West Ham player, and can't understand why he is loathed.

Didn't get a run of games at Palace, but had a good scoring debut.
Played well at Derby last season, and they obviously saw enough of him to pay close to £5 mill for him.
Would be better for his career to be rid of "The Guvnor" though.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Are we the only club in the top two divisions that Tom Ince hasn't played for recently?

Will all go tits up for Derby as it always does, so nothing to worry about.

Blackpool,Palace, Hull and Derby in 5 years ?
Personally think they will be up there

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Not forgetting Forest. Rookie manager in Clement. We shall see.

Hardly loads Botty
Clement has a good pedigree, but as you say, not as a manager.
Still think their squad is strong, and it only went off the rails last season when MaClaren was linked to Newcastle.
Need a good start.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The accounts for the 2014/2015 season are up to June 30th. Although Derby have already signed 5 players before Ince became the sixth I would hazard a guess that those contracts didn't become effective until July 1st. The goalposts on FFP have been moved so a club can have a collective loss of £39M over 3 seasons before being penalised so long as they can prove secure owner funding and future financials for the next two seasons ahead. The new rules were decided by a majority of Championship clubs at a FL EGM held last November at the iPro.

I'm glad someone understands it.

:shrug:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Hardly loads Botty
Clement has a good pedigree, but as you say, not as a manager.
Still think their squad is strong, and it only went off the rails last season when MaClaren was linked to Newcastle.
Need a good start.

...a decent mid-season and finish wouldn't go a miss as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here