Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike deal till 2016?

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know how long the current Nike deal lasts?

I ask as I notice all the kits' respective shelf lives expire in 2016. Had that class yellow away kit been two years, I would have purchased.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I seem to remember it being a longer term deal, but it's the increasingly corporate nature of football that leads to new kits being released more frequently that explains the short shelf life.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Home kit design was for 2 seasons, away kits for one season. Nike deal longer than 2016

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think there is a rule somewhere, whereby unless given special dispensation, clubs can only change their kit every 2 years.

I have a feeling it was subject of a parliamentary question due to the cost of the shirts.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I don't like Nike much anyway, but I detest what they have done to our kit. Absolute shoddy rubbish and I won't be parting with a penny, all the time they are pushing this tat. Fortunately the club shop saw the good sense to introduce their own range of vintage shirts, without skybet patches and wonky patches and I will happily pay out for this stuff.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Funny how a football kit can polarise views. As someone who is frankly way too old to wear a striped kit I am quite attracted to the new away kits precisely because they are plain

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think there is a rule somewhere, whereby unless given special dispensation, clubs can only change their kit every 2 years.

I have a feeling it was subject of a parliamentary question due to the cost of the shirts.

No rule was ever set, some years back a lot of clubs made an informal comitment not to change every year, but (especially) the big sellers, no longer do it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As CS says I'm sure the away kit last yr was only for 1 season so bey could start the 2 year sequence on home and say kits - so they launch either one each year. So away kit is the away kit for 2 seasons isn't it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

I doubt that would ever pass through in law. Clubs would claim it's a restriction of trade. Most Premier League clubs change their first choice shirts every season now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I doubt that would ever pass through in law. Clubs would claim it's a restriction of trade. Most Premier League clubs change their first choice shirts every season now.

But I do believe something happened as clubs seem to stagger the changing of their home and away strip.

I recall this being discussed even at parliamentary level.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
But I do believe something happened as clubs seem to stagger the changing of their home and away strip.

I recall this being discussed even at parliamentary level.

Probably what Superphil says above then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here