Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Players you don't rate that others do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Stand out for me was John Crumplin, rubbish player who had a couple of good games but somehow managed to achieve cult status and is now revered as a great player.

Teddy Maybank - although I'm not convinced he was that well rated tbh.

CMS for a few years when everyone was talking about "not playing to his strengths"

Calderon over the last two seasons, lots of effort but not good enough

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Balotelli.

Forget his temperament and attitude, on footballing ability alone I can't believe some of the clubs he has played for.

Ridiculously overrated.

For the Albion in recent times I'd have to say Andrea Orlandi. No strength, no pace and rarely put the ball in the back of the net. Nice guy but baffles me that people are calling for his return.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
COG...flashes of decent play. generally not good enough

Barnes. did we get him wrong? mixed opinion on here. I dreaded him being named on the team sheet where we played him out wide. went down like a fairy and produced little. Now doing better away from here. so What do I know.

JFC. I actually nearly went home one day when he was again named in the middle of the park after being shocking for about 8 games and where we had lost most. But there must be something about him for him to get picked and picked and picked by Albion and England. Must be great on the training park. I just don't see it. Hopefully will prove me wrong this year.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dean Hammond

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
This useless lump

benzema_13-1.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lewis Dunk. I think he's a decent Championship player but not worth the reported 3m bid offered by Fulham, which loads seem to think is derisory.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Jesse Lingard, I thought, was pretty rubbish. Terrible decision making.
Rohan Ince is HUGELY overrated. The guy is arguably our worst FOOTBALLER (in terms of ability with a football)....however his UNITNESS and MUSCLES are somewhat deceiving.

In the wider footballing world, Edison Cavani, Jordan Henderson.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Mr Dunk I'm afraid - everytime I have seen him play he has been poor.

But the ultimate one from the footballing world is a certain Mr D Beckham. Without doubt, the most overrated English player ever. :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
COG, JFC, CMS. None of them brought/bring very much to the party IMHO, unless we're never aiming to do anything other than perpetually flirt with League One.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Jack Wilshere

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Since Christmas - Dunk. A kind of Championship David Luiz without the stupid hair
JFC - I don't really get it but more knowledgeable people than me do.

David Luiz
Hulk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here