Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else now ridiculously excited about next season?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve now and I know it will all end in tears but doesn't stop me getting all of a quiver. I never learn. Anyone else?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm certainly well on the way there - a couple more good signings should do it. :thumbsup:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Gonna take more than two defenders and a striker for me to get more than half a lob on after last season, could do with another month off.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not yet.
As and when the club signs some speedsters with skillz, then I'm all in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not yet.
As and when the club signs some speedsters with skillz, then I'm all in.

Me too. My views haven't changed much throughout the close summer. I'm glad the club have learnt from last summer though. I'm still expecting time for these players to integrate, but it always helps that a fair few have got pre-season to do it in.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Fraid I was more excited than a kid on Christmas eve the day after the Boro match. But hey I'm not so much a glass half full chap as a 'blimey that yard of ale is overflowing' type chap. It really pisses off the chap who sits next to me. Roll on Seville, the first match I will be able to see.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
3 UNKNOWNS and all of a sudden we are going UP, some people NEED to get a GRIP

Tell you what, before you come out with one of your stock, sh*t responses why don't you read what I've written. Then after that go shit a hedgehog or something.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The signings are very encouraging. If a couple more attack minded players are added then my Albion mojo will be rising too.

I am really hoping that Hughton will take full advantage of a pre-season with the squad, forget about last season's flirt with the wrong end of the table and feel able to adopt more positive tactics right from the start. We need to score goals and win games in order to be contenders.

If Chris can deliver that then most of us should be happy........ :albion2:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I am feeling quite upbeat.
Hughton has had time to assess the club and the players
Three decent players will be fit for the start of the season.
Two new fullbacks, one very decent, both have experience.
A new striker.
A full season with Kayal.
Stephens will be properly fit.
Ince has more experience and could kick on.
Just two more decent signings, hopefully a centre half as one, and we should be good to go.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nope not really. Not sure about hughton

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I'm certainly well on the way there - a couple more good signings should do it. :thumbsup:

yep a CH and a LW of class and we should be cooking

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All this because of Bong?

Right now I'm not overly excited about the coming season, but I'm encouraged by the business we're doing and in a months time, when it matters, I believe our squad will be balanced, settled and strong enough to be challenging the midtable section with a possible push for the play-offs if we get a strong start. I'm no more excited about the season than I was earlier this morning, but I like Chris Hughton and I like the work which is being done behind the scenes.

And to echo [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] - BHAFC 3-0 Sources. This is exactly what the ratio should be, congratulations to the club so far!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here